Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Profiling - Nexus 800

Been off skates for a while and having some trouble adapting to my Bauer Nexus 800 skates now that I am on the ice again.

I am coming from a pair of (and I'm dating myself here) Graf 709s with Mission Pitch Holder (neutral).

Part of my issue is definitely rust, but there's a big difference in the position the skates are putting me in. Looking to see what I should be looking for in getting my current skates profiled to match the Grafs. I understand they won't match exactly, but getting close will hopefully put me in a more comfortable position.

It's not as much the profile as it is likely your new steel has more bulk on the heels/toes and more height, compared to your old set that was likely sharpened many times and more rounded. Both Pitch holders and Edge holders are about the same for balance, except of course if you adjust the pitch steel to the forward position. You are also dealing with different boots, the graf boot has a more forward cut than the Nexus.  Have you tried to not tie up to the top eyelet?  Skip that one and you'll be able to flex forward more.