Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

How long did your Easton HTX last?

how long did your Easton HTX last? Seems like they're on super blow out between that buy a CX get an HTX free sale and I just picked up an E36 75 Flex for $89.00 in store. Seems like it might be a good time to stock up if they aren't drying up and or if they are typical crap durability Easton is known for. 

Mine was cracked after 3 weeks, used it for the full 30 days before I took it in for warranty. Toe chipped a little, heel totally fell apart (pictured below). On the ice 3-4 times a week. Used it in a tournament as well, about 20 uses I would guess.

Heel after 3 weeks

I've gone through 4, the average is about 15 skates. Not very durable, but great sticks. Love the performance and would buy another one in a heart beat. This was actually the stick that convinced me to go back to a mid kick. 

Mine snapped just above the hosel in the first game. Used it for one practice before that. 

To be fair, it took a pretty big slapper on a blocked shot during the game. But my CX and APX2 have both taken similar shots without snapping, so make with that what you will. 

I'm  sticking to the 1x and APX2, but i have to say the CX is a really nice stick. 

I've been through 3 of them, the longest any of them lasted was a month. Each one broke in the same place, the heel of the blade. No longer using easton sticks, currently using the ribcor reckoner, maybe ill give easton another try when the new synergy comes out.

I had one and after 4 uses the heel cracked. The second one I had wasn't bad, maybe 10 uses and I sold it for cheap but it was a warranty replacement for the V9 I broke. I took back the one mentioned above today as I saw that pure hockey was blowing out Ribcor 40ks for $93 and free shipping. Nothing but good luck with Ribcors. Durability aside though I liked my last HTX a lot but even at $100 OTD that's too much for it to only last a month. The GX looks sweet but I highly doubt the story of durability is going to change now, never has from the past Easton mistakes

On 3/28/2016 at 10:40 AM, 60PlusWinger said:

I had one and after 4 uses the heel cracked. The second one I had wasn't bad, maybe 10 uses and I sold it for cheap but it was a warranty replacement for the V9 I broke. I took back the one mentioned above today as I saw that pure hockey was blowing out Ribcor 40ks for $93 and free shipping. Nothing but good luck with Ribcors. Durability aside though I liked my last HTX a lot but even at $100 OTD that's too much for it to only last a month. The GX looks sweet but I highly doubt the story of durability is going to change now, never has from the past Easton mistakes

I have a cutaway of one.  Typical bladder molded stick with average compaction ( voids in material ).  There is a big knot of material at the fuse point with voids in it.  The support structure is lacking in the blade,  but as many have noted Easton for bad blade durability over the years it's not a surprise.   Shaft is heavily painted... Likely to cover up imperfections left by the mold release.

Every one of them I gave a twist felt nice;  however,  my friends that played with it all said the durability was on par with past efforts.

The CX was a much better effort as they went overboard to ensure blade durability,  but in trying to do that it got blade heavy.