Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lovejotd

Clarino Palms

I have some Clarino palms that were put in my bauer 4rolls.  I absolutely love the gloves but the palms I struggle with.  My hands sweat a lot and they begin to feel full with sweat.  I am not sure if this is a single game issue or because they do not dry from game to game.  I dont always dry my gloves after I play, because then they become rock hard.  I read some of the older posts about palms, that I may need to clean them out with something that will break down the sweat.  These posts are more than 5 years old, I was just wondering what the current best advise is for my gloves?  I have another pair of eagles with msh2s, that I absolutely love.  I use the grip tape on the end of my stick to try to keep the gloves from breaking down.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!!

Search for lanolin, you will find multiple threads and various ideas for keeping palms soft and dealing with sweat.

Where possible I prefer medical tape for the butt end.

15 minutes ago, vinprun71 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't grip tape actually make the palm wear out faster?

Nope. 

17 hours ago, Vet88 said:

Search for lanolin, you will find multiple threads and various ideas for keeping palms soft and dealing with sweat.

Where possible I prefer medical tape for the butt end.

So you still think the shaving creme with lanolin is a best way to go?

2 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

Nope. 

So you're saying that grip tape actually increases the life span of palms on a glove? I'm sorry if my question is silly, but I've heard the complete opposite. I like grip tape, but I stopped using it for this reason. I have a roll I'm dying to use.

14 hours ago, vinprun71 said:

So you're saying that grip tape actually increases the life span of palms on a glove? I'm sorry if my question is silly, but I've heard the complete opposite. I like grip tape, but I stopped using it for this reason. I have a roll I'm dying to use.

Some of the pro level stuff is known to tear up gloves but the Renfrew stuff is great. No wear at all. A whole lot better than cloth tape on your gloves, that's for sure.

On 4/5/2016 at 2:52 AM, lovejotd said:

So you still think the shaving creme with lanolin is a best way to go?

I have some team mates who have tried it and they found it kept the palms soft. Myself, my go to gloves just don't dry and I prefer it that way. I rotate 3 pairs of gloves but with training, coaching and playing ice / inline every day they all get worn generally everyday so are in a constant state of partial dampness and the palms never dry out and go hard. I know it's not good for them long term but I treat this as par for the course and I'm not hard on gloves, my palms last for ages whereas a guy I scrimmage with chews thru his butt end glove every 6 weeks or so and he has tried every glove out there.