Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Langkow22

Bauer P08

Hey guys

So have just broken my last P08 ovechkin curve and I'm gutted as i have now learnt they have completely discontinued it.

i absolutely loved this curve and especially bauer sticks ! 

Help me out guys. What curve left in the bauer line would be the closest left to the P08.

i loved the rocker lie open face and curve everything on this blade, it was perfect and they don't even offer it through mybauer anymore :(

thanks 

Cannon, from Finland, has what looks to be an awfully close copy of the P08.

http://en.cannonhockey.mycashflow.fi/product/134/cannon-pro-16-sr-blade-ovechkin-left-flex-90

http://en.cannonhockey.mycashflow.fi/product/93/cannon-b16-barkov-edition-sr-blade-ovechkinright-flex--80

Vanx, Denmark, has what looks like a more in-between P08, similar to the CrazyOvi or Kremlin.

Both you can order without extra import taxes or fees.

It's hard to tell exactly how close they are to P08, but you can always contact the companies directly to see if they'll provide better detailed shots of their patterns.

ktang, do you know if it is different than the BC10?    The Base curve database on their website doesn't seem to list all of the curves available. 

I have the BC10, and it seems similar to the old P08, but with a slightly higher lie and no curve whatsoever in the heel.  If Base has a P08 clone, I would likely give it a shot.  

On 4/17/2016 at 9:44 PM, Giraffe14 said:

ktang, do you know if it is different than the BC10?    The Base curve database on their website doesn't seem to list all of the curves available. 

I have the BC10, and it seems similar to the old P08, but with a slightly higher lie and no curve whatsoever in the heel.  If Base has a P08 clone, I would likely give it a shot.  

I have a lie 5 BC10, and it is similar to my Harrow Pattern 10.

Same lie. but the BC10 is 1/2 inch shorter and not quite as lofted. The toe curve starts at the same place.

I thought the Harrow Pattern 10 was a P08 clone, but maybe I'm wrong.

26 minutes ago, ktang said:

I have a lie 5 BC10, and it is similar to my Harrow Pattern 10.

Same lie. but the BC10 is 1/2 inch shorter and not quite as lofted. The toe curve starts at the same place.

I thought the Harrow Pattern 10 was a P08 clone, but maybe I'm wrong.

Ah thanks for the reply.  That Harrow likely wouldn't work for me.  I like the BC 10, but would love it if it had a slightly lower lie and was a touch more closed.  I would love to get a custom mold done some day...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, flip12 said:

Base's Pro Custom Anderson is a candidate then, if you're indeed a lefty. It might be a touch too open though.

blade-bc09.jpg?t=1460677794359

I'd be all over that if I were a left handed shot...

• Like 1

Damn. Yeah that's what's unfortunate about their custom pro patterns--their limitation to one side or the other is such a tease. They are way behind on updating their patterns page, though. For instance, they actually offer their BC28, BC71 (pro Malkin Right and Left...and I'm pretty sure they're still offering it, even though they initially said it would be available only for a limited time) and B_27 pro Kovalev left, but none of them feature on their patterns page. Maybe they actually have something for righties that comes close to the pro Anderson/P08.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, flip12 said:

Damn. Yeah that's what's unfortunate about their custom pro patterns--their limitation to one side or the other is such a tease. They are way behind on updating their patterns page, though. For instance, they actually offer their BC28, BC71 (pro Malkin Right and Left...and I'm pretty sure they're still offering it, even though they initially said it would be available only for a limited time) and B_27 pro Kovalev left, but none of them feature on their patterns page. Maybe they actually have something for righties that comes close to the pro Anderson/P08.

Ha ha yeah I have both the BC28 & BC71...  BC71 doesn't have enough rocker for my liking.  My wrist shot accuracy is great with that curve at skate & shoots/practice, but I flub shots when under pressure.  The additional rocker on the BC10 is more forgiving for me in the less-than-ideal shooting situations I find myself in during games. 

Probably just a matter of adjustment and time though. 

• Like 1

P28 isn't as twisted and it is more of a toe hook.  P08 is really a P92 on steroids - more open and deeper curve.  It was called "Crazy Ovi" by CCM when they made it for a reason.  P92 was just regular Ovi.  The lie is pretty similar though.  I can check on that when I get home.

I much prefer the P28.  but they are good at two different things, so it's a matter of how you play and what you need.

Edited by psulion22

On April 16, 2016 at 8:13 AM, Langkow22 said:

Hey guys

So have just broken my last P08 ovechkin curve and I'm gutted as i have now learnt they have completely discontinued it.

i absolutely loved this curve and especially bauer sticks ! 

Help me out guys. What curve left in the bauer line would be the closest left to the P08.

i loved the rocker lie open face and curve everything on this blade, it was perfect and they don't even offer it through mybauer anymore :(

thanks 

Don't now what hand you're looking for or what flex, but this is basically a P08 with a G3 flex profile  (same as Ovi pro stock sticks) in an 82 flex.  Just got one myself and if it's different from a retail P08, I can't tell, look identical....

https://www.prostockhockey.com/hockey-sticks/player-sticks/right-teemu-pulkkinen-total-one-mx3-82-flex-stick/

2 hours ago, psulion22 said:

P28 isn't as twisted and it is more of a toe hook.  P08 is really a P92 on steroids - more open and deeper curve.  It was called "Crazy Ovi" by CCM when they made it for a reason.  P92 was just regular Ovi.  The lie is pretty similar though.  I can check on that when I get home.

I much prefer the P28.  but they are good at two different things, so it's a matter of how you play and what you need.

if you could that would be awesome, thank you.

It really is the lie I'm more concerned about because as you say the p08 is p92 on steroids and i can shoot with the p92 just aswell but the lie just feels revolting to me when stick handling and i like the slingshot capabilities of the bigger curve.

I've been using some replica sticks labelled as P28 but just found out they were actually P08 sticks.

That being said.. I tried True P28, Base Malkin Pro, and the Base BC10 and it's not the same.. BC 10 is straight and just has a crazy toe while the P08 is like a wedge with an open toe.. not as much of a hook like the Crazy Ovie Harrow has either.

I'm using a P28 now and it's just not the same as the P08 I fell in love with.. let me know if you found something similar.

On 8/4/2016 at 8:34 PM, psulion22 said:

Which curve would you recommend to being most like the p08/crazyovi (I can switch between both with only minor adjustment most of the time during a game) But now I'm all out of p08s now and I can either go p28 or p92? 

The majority of my shots are one timers after getting free in the high slot or loaded up wristers coming down my off wing. It’s normally the power of my shot that is the biggest attribute. Tend to shoot through defenders instead of dangle them. 

Edited by Langkow22

On 7/22/2019 at 5:17 AM, Langkow22 said:

Which curve would you recommend to being most like the p08/crazyovi (I can switch between both with only minor adjustment most of the time during a game) But now I'm all out of p08s now and I can either go p28 or p92? 

The majority of my shots are one timers after getting free in the high slot or loaded up wristers coming down my off wing. It’s normally the power of my shot that is the biggest attribute. Tend to shoot through defenders instead of dangle them. 

Since the P08 is really just an amped up P92, I'd go that route.  The P28 is made for that player that shoots by pushing his hands forward, moving the puck onto the toe, and quickly catapulting it in stride.  I don't think you'd see the benefits of a curve like that if you're a.) taking a lot of quick one timers without the puck on the blade first, b.) taking a lot of full motion wrist shots with your hands more neutral and moving the puck along the entire blade, or c.) not doing a lot of dangles.

I'd also check SWS for some Oshie pro curves, a few guys use it.  I believe it's something similar to a Crazy Ovi.

Edited by psulion22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, psulion22 said:

Since the P08 is really just an amped up P92, I'd go that route.  The P28 is made for that player that shoots by pushing his hands forward, moving the puck onto the toe, and quickly catapulting it in stride.  I don't think you'd see the benefits of a curve like that if you're a.) taking a lot of quick one timers without the puck on the blade first, b.) taking a lot of full motion wrist shots with your hands more neutral and moving the puck along the entire blade, or c.) not doing a lot of dangles.

I'd also check SWS for some Oshie pro curves, a few guys use it.  I believe it's something similar to a Crazy Ovi.

Thanks man that’s an incredible answer exactly what I’ve been looking for 👍🏻