Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLU122897

Has anyone tried the TOUR FB-9 Pro skate? Do you like them or not?

These skates are not worth the money! They're really heavy compared to every other top level skate. They totally lie about the frame being magnesium. It's the same crappy frame they've been using forever and it will bend and twist like a cheap piece of tin. I would recommend a Bauer, CCM, or Alkali if your spending money for top level skates.

According to Inline Warehouse, the skate weight is comparable to the Alkali RPD+ MAX (top of the range skate). 

As for lying about the frame..err inline warehouse list this as a magnesium aluminium hybrid.  

No company will stand still and re-release the same ol' equipment..theres always development..even for things you cant see. 

If you havent tried the skate..dont speculate. 

I know Tour has had a lot of durability issues over the years. Not sure how these stack up compared to their previous skates, but I'd be weary.

I picked them up and so far am loving them coming from the mission ac2, which were amazing skates

Only played one game though so far, only tie will tell.

These a a much stiffer boot compared to the fishbone lite pros I have.

I have tried the skate. Boot is stiffer than the previous Tour boots, however, they are also much heavier and clunky. Of course inline warehouse says they're comparable in weight, they're in business to sell product. Do they list the actual weight of each? Nope. 

I also compared the chassis to the ones on my old Tour Fish bonelite skates... Exactly the same. They're just saying aluminum magnesium to justify why they raised the price $100 dollars. These frames were brutal trying to adjust/rotate wheels and you can't tighten the axles without the frame bending all over and binding the wheels from spinning freely.

Don't be so gullible to believe all the gimmicks companies use to sell product. I work in the business and wouldn't comment unless I did the research. I'm only trying to give you actual facts on the product. So buy whatever you're comfortable with.

On Thu May 12 2016 at 1:14 AM, SLU122897 said:

I picked them up and so far am loving them coming from the mission ac2, which were amazing skates

Only played one game though so far, only tie will tell.

These a a much stiffer boot compared to the fishbone lite pros I have.

Was wondering how you are getting on with the skates? Was looking at getting them as iv seen them for around $300 

Hi there, New to the forum ...  

I just recently  bought the FB-9s size 12s as a 2nd pair of outdoor skates because i had a pair of old Bauer 30-50s(2006) i was using as beaters for the asphalt courts during pickup games which have been given me ankle tendinitis  lately because they just don't give any more  side support.

I play in two weekly indoor leagues in Massachusetts for which use my  size 12" Bauer X1s, with waxed laces , speed plates, power toe foam inserts and Revision 74A wheels. These indoor courts are Smooth and perforated plastic tiles ,

I bought the FBs on Ebay for 1/2 the retail cost so i figure my assessments will be a little positive since i did not pay full price.

I have used them twice on indoor surfaces ,once is a game for 50min and the other a 2hr scrimmage,

I did heat fit them in my own oven, 170 degrees for 10min. Stiffness is very very good which i really appreciated   , width was surprising  a good fit because i have a narrow foot and the tours are rumored to be on the  wide side, the arch did pinch me a little bit. I am used to the Hi Lo setup so it took a few shifts to get cormfortable with regards to balance.  The Lebada wheels are top notch.. The chassis looks as well engineered as my X1s which are in a class of their own, beefy rivets and great machining to subtract weight.  After the 2hr skate they did dry fast,

The cons is all this is the are on the heavy side when compared to my X1s, For a size 12 the FBs were  1/2lb heavier.

I have heard stories  of tour not backing (warranty)  their skates including a friend of mine who won't buy another Tour skate because of service. 

I will report back in a few months.

On 5/17/2017 at 1:27 AM, Pietromarc said:

Hi there, New to the forum ...  

I just recently  bought the FB-9s size 12s as a 2nd pair of outdoor skates because i had a pair of old Bauer 30-50s(2006) i was using as beaters for the asphalt courts during pickup games which have been given me ankle tendinitis  lately because they just don't give any more  side support.

I play in two weekly indoor leagues in Massachusetts for which use my  size 12" Bauer X1s, with waxed laces , speed plates, power toe foam inserts and Revision 74A wheels. These indoor courts are Smooth and perforated plastic tiles ,

I bought the FBs on Ebay for 1/2 the retail cost so i figure my assessments will be a little positive since i did not pay full price.

I have used them twice on indoor surfaces ,once is a game for 50min and the other a 2hr scrimmage,

I did heat fit them in my own oven, 170 degrees for 10min. Stiffness is very very good which i really appreciated   , width was surprising  a good fit because i have a narrow foot and the tours are rumored to be on the  wide side, the arch did pinch me a little bit. I am used to the Hi Lo setup so it took a few shifts to get cormfortable with regards to balance.  The Lebada wheels are top notch.. The chassis looks as well engineered as my X1s which are in a class of their own, beefy rivets and great machining to subtract weight.  After the 2hr skate they did dry fast,

The cons is all this is the are on the heavy side when compared to my X1s, For a size 12 the FBs were  1/2lb heavier.

I have heard stories  of tour not backing (warranty)  their skates including a friend of mine who won't buy another Tour skate because of service. 

I will report back in a few months.

How you gettimg on with the skates