Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tedpenguins

CCM Ribcor 44k vs. Reebok 20K vs. Bauer Reactor 5000 vs. Bauer One.9

I'm looking to upgrade skates. I bought a pair of Koho 760s off of eBay to give goaltending a try. Since I enjoy playing the upgrading has begun! I like the idea of the pumps in the CCM and Reebok skates and CCM skates have always fit me better. Are the fittings between player skates and tendy skates generally the same or are they completely different?

I definitely want to try on everything in the store but are the Bauer Reactors a similar style fit to the Bauer Nexus player skates? I'm going to assume that the Supremes line up to the player style supremes? 

I thought about VH for awhile but my feet aren't a weird shape so even though the custom fitting would be nice I think I would rather just get regular skates and have them right away. I wear CCM RBZ 75s when I skate out and I do like the fit on those but they are a bit tight on my metatarsals. Any suggestions for a boot similar to the RBZ's but a bit wider in the toes but not as wide as a Bauer Nexus?

I would say that yes generally I've found the fits between player and goalie skates to be the same, or at least very similar. I definitely think the Reactors fit like the Nexus, I had a pair of Reactor's for about 6 months. 

VH is obviously going to be the best option but if you want something off the shelf then maybe a EE size RBZ goal skate? There's a new Tacks goal skate coming out, and you can definitely try the Ribcor skates as well. 

Supreme might work for you as well. Like you said, try everything you can! Also keep in mind that the lower end Bauer's aren't heat moldable (at least the Reactor 2000s weren't).  

Thanks Optimus! I think I'm going to call Perani's Hockey World later today to find out where they have the Reebok 20Ks in stock and whether they'll be on sale even more for their giant summer sale. If so I'll definitely try to have someone hold them off the shelf for me or maybe they would give me the sale price to purchase right now (Perani's normally has some great customer service so it's worth a try).

I was checking out the preview for the Tacks too. I kind of want to wait to see those in person but I also kind of want to jump on the sales that start at Perani's this weekend. I guess if the price is right on the 20k's and if they fit good I'd just ignore the Tacks but if not it might be worth it to wait. Even if I didn't like the Tacks them being released could cause other skates to go on sale.  

The Reebok skates were actually a more generously sized skate in the forefoot. I tried the new CCM Ribcore skates and they were a bit tighter across the forefoot. It wasn't a whole bunch, but enough that I could tell a difference. I mourned the discontinued Reebok line because I could get my skinny heeled, wide toes foot to feel good in a skate off the shelf.

I wear a cut down 16K and have my 20K in the wings. I am never going back to skating out and if I were, I would wear my goalie skates.