Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

CCM QLT Pants

Thank you to JR, The ModSquad staff, and CCM for allowing to participate in this long-term review

47591390-8E08-4B44-963F-F45924CB8E02_zps

90F00C3A-1CE5-46C5-8120-04D1D886ABB6_zps

866A62C3-4465-4B01-B996-9337EBAC41C7_zps

87292EC3-DFEC-40DE-AD8C-372A67533450_zps

CCM QuickLite pants: XL

·         One-piece construction

·         +1” extension under padded belt

Previously worn pants:

·         Easton Air

·         Warrior Hustler

·         Warrior Franchise

·         CCM U+CL

·         CCM RBZ

·         Bauer One95

About me:

·         Height: 6’0

·         Weight: 260

·         Current Level of Play: Men’s League “A”

First Impressions:

·         They’re still extremely light

·         Materials more closely resemble a true pro pant than the previous two models (U+CL, RBZ)

·         The Aesthetics/Branding is less loud than the previous version which is a definite plus for me

o   There is very little red in these pants. The Hockey lace tie is now a white lace with black and red accents. Similarly the hip embroidery is now mainly a white rubberized material making up the block lettering with embroidered gray accents. The interior liner is black with the tailbone pad, Spine Protector and Belly pad being the only red coloring found on the pant

·         The dimensions of the QuickLite pants have changed from previous models:

o   Longer inseam

§  These pants are wider and longer off the rack than previous versions. Both the CL and RBZ both sat a good half-inch above the cup of my shin guard where the QuickLite sits just above the knee, maintaining proper fit and coverage

o   Wider Waist

§  Off the rack these pants fit wider than the RBZ and CL

·         The Spine protector feels and looks larger than in the past

·         The new belt system: runs through the belly pad and offers a symmetrical shape when tightened. Pants remain centered under high strain rather than twisting like a traditional belt.

I have a game on Monday and am really looking forward to wearing these for the first time!

Apologies for the delay.

After playing a few games with these pants here is the current update:

FIT: 9/10

• Really liking these pants so far. coming from Bauer Nexus/one95 pants, I am really liking that the waist and kidney area are a bit more traditional than in previous years. While part of me still likes the slightly shorter leg length in the U+CL and RBZ models, I can't say that I have really noticed the additional length and can say the the legs still taper nicely for a streamlined fit and look (makign me look a bit more svelte too haha) 

Protection: 10/10

• While I have't taken any falls I have blocked a few shots playing defense as well as your standard roughish board play and stick work and the QuickLite pants have performed well and I haven't felt very much. The protection provided by the QuickLites is very adequate given their weight especially compared to something like the Eaton Pro 15 pants. While the Easton models are certainly tank-like and as mentioned elsewhere are extremely similar to a pro-stock offering the QuickLite pant is more than adequate for any level of Men's League.

Quality: 10/10

• no issues to report so far. no loose strings or ripped seems. pants still appear new

Overall: 9/10

• extremely happy with my experience so far

Update:

I played another game in these pants this week.

A few takeaways:

• the combination of the shorter inseam along with the longer leg length is still a little bit awkward while breaking the pants in. I find myself having to pull up the pants pretty frequently. I am attributing this to the pants having pro protection and still requiring time to break in.
    • while I haven't noticed a dramatic reduction in stride length due to the increased length, I haven't been able to completely get over the mental hump and still find myself noticing the length more than I would like.
  • I continue to notice how light these pants are given their level of protection.
    • I took a pretty sold impact directly to my tailbone while trying to avoid an opposing player. The padding dispersed the impact well and I felt minimal force and no lingering affects in the shifts immediately after.
  • no visible wear and tear so far. I've been playing defense exclusively with these and am not shying away from shooting lanes or contact.
  • drying time continues to be fast
  • no smell

I will have another game soon ans will continue to update