Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

BASE Hockey has just launched its brand new website, featuring a completely overhauled ordering system and seamless mobile compatibility, among other things. I've written a blog post explaining the main aspects here, so check it out if you want to order custom sticks, blades, shafts, or just do some online window-shopping.

scrn_1_1024x1024.png?v=1517073983

stick_1_1024x1024.png?v=1517074222

stick_2_1024x1024.png?v=1517074249

stick_4_1024x1024.png?v=1517074276

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kyleo29 said:

Is the supernatural discontinued?

It's listed under sticks and shafts

4 hours ago, itslunchtime said:

looks like the Nasty R is also gone

The LT is supposed to be the progression of the nasty R.    Mr. Data could elaborate more, not sure if it was supposed to be replacing it.

wow...talk about a monumental move.  This is a great looking site.

This is very helpful in shopping and finding the curve(s) that are available.  My biggest gripe when looking at curves online is that some comapnies even show their curves from different perspectives (look down) and its hard to see the difference between similar curves.

EDIT:
Even the Famous Warrior custom-izer does not have all their curve options shown (last I looked)...

I have my own spread sheet developed using warrior curves by year for reference in searching for curves and using them...as they are my benchmark for sticks.  I will be adding this into my spreadsheet

Edited by hawkeyfan
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2018 at 4:57 PM, kyleo29 said:

Is the supernatural discontinued?

No, it's still available.

On 1/27/2018 at 11:19 PM, itslunchtime said:

looks like the Nasty R is also gone

Yes, the Nasty R has been replaced by the Reign LT. If you liked the Nasty R, you'll feel right at home with the LT. It's lighter, it's got a stiffer blade, and it's got lower torque when loading up heavy shots. A word of caution though: While the Nasty R OPS was available in all our blade flex options, the LT is only available with the XS+ blade, our stiffest and lightest blade yet. Still, at least in my opinion, the LT hasn't compromised on puck feel, and my transition from the Nasty R was seamless. You can still get a Reign LT shaft and match it with any of our blades (R, S, XS, or XS+).

On 1/29/2018 at 4:05 PM, MrData said:

Yes, the Nasty R has been replaced by the Reign LT. If you liked the Nasty R, you'll feel right at home with the LT. It's lighter, it's got a stiffer blade, and it's got lower torque when loading up heavy shots. A word of caution though: While the Nasty R OPS was available in all our blade flex options, the LT is only available with the XS+ blade, our stiffest and lightest blade yet. Still, at least in my opinion, the LT hasn't compromised on puck feel, and my transition from the Nasty R was seamless. You can still get a Reign LT shaft and match it with any of our blades (R, S, XS, or XS+).

I only see the supernatural as a shaft option

On 1/29/2018 at 2:05 PM, MrData said:

I'm interested in the shaft option for the Reign LT.  Can you elaborate on the flex profile?  How would it compare to say a Warrior Dynasty?

Also, what is the weight of the shaft?  

I currently use Base Stiff blades exclusively, and tapered shaft options are dwindling. 

On 2/1/2018 at 1:10 PM, Giraffe14 said:

I'm interested in the shaft option for the Reign LT.  Can you elaborate on the flex profile?  How would it compare to say a Warrior Dynasty?

Also, what is the weight of the shaft?  

I currently use Base Stiff blades exclusively, and tapered shaft options are dwindling. 

It's a dual-kick shaft, in the sense that it has a traditional (very-)low kickpoint coupled with a softer top of the shaft. The result is twofold: It allows you to load up the shaft more for heavy snappers or clappers, and as a result the stick plays softer than rated (about 5 flex softer I'd say). I like mid kick sticks (like the Dynasty), but the transition to the LT (through its predecessor the Nasty R) was seamless. It's a very versatile flex profile.

I'll get back to you with the weight, but it's one of the lightest shafts on the market for sure. By the way, how do you like the Stiff blade? Have you used the XS as well?

2 hours ago, MrData said:

It's a dual-kick shaft, in the sense that it has a traditional (very-)low kickpoint coupled with a softer top of the shaft. The result is twofold: It allows you to load up the shaft more for heavy snappers or clappers, and as a result the stick plays softer than rated (about 5 flex softer I'd say). I like mid kick sticks (like the Dynasty), but the transition to the LT (through its predecessor the Nasty R) was seamless. It's a very versatile flex profile.

I'll get back to you with the weight, but it's one of the lightest shafts on the market for sure. By the way, how do you like the Stiff blade? Have you used the XS as well?

Thanks for the response, sounds like it could work well for me.  I will likely pick one up when its time to replace my current shaft.  

Regarding blade stiffness- I do have an extra stiff blade, and I like it a lot for everything except shooting.  With the extra stiff blade, shots were not nearly as accurate or predictable.  Something about my shooting mechanics I assume.      

2 hours ago, Giraffe14 said:

Thanks for the response, sounds like it could work well for me.  I will likely pick one up when its time to replace my current shaft.  

Regarding blade stiffness- I do have an extra stiff blade, and I like it a lot for everything except shooting.  With the extra stiff blade, shots were not nearly as accurate or predictable.  Something about my shooting mechanics I assume.      

For sure, blade stiffness largely boils down to preference. You probably load up and flex the blade when you shoot, which can help with velocity and accuracy if your shooting motion favours it.

BASE Hockey is investing in some new infrastructure and technology which will allow us to have more control over the production and modification of patterns. Accordingly, we're interested in knowing what new patterns people would be interested to see. Below, I've included some possibilities we've discussed, but I'd also like to get suggestions from you. I'll be keeping a tally of interested people for each pattern. If you want your choice to have more traction, you can PM me or post here to indicate what type of order you'd be interested in if your preferred pattern was created (e.g. 1-3 OPS, 10-12 blades, etc.), but you don't have to.

-Max height patterns: e.g. BC88M, BC92M, BC28M

NsgG8oK.jpg

-Different lies: e.g. BC88 lie 5, BC28 lie 6, BC05 lie 5

-New patterns: e.g. Warrior Gionta, Barkov Pro, Ovechkin Pro, Hull Pro

Gionta:

jSFDDYF.jpg

qBN9KWq.jpg

Barkov:

ZqazvKn.png

lDR3g4c.jpg

Hull:

xKCbF2t.jpg

uj5habf.jpg

Ovechkin:

tDTXSHP.jpg

pxPRnsz.jpg

Some other options are the Kesler/Toffoli pro (Drury with toe kink) or the Benn pro (Sakic with toe kink), but I don't have any pics of those.

See the whole album here

Edited by MrData
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrData said:

BASE Hockey is investing in some new infrastructure and technology which will allow us to have more control over the production and modification of patterns. Accordingly, we're interested in knowing what new patterns people would be interested to see. Below, I've included some possibilities we've discussed, but I'd also like to get suggestions from you. I'll be keeping a tally of interested people for each pattern. If you want your choice to have more traction, you can PM me or post here to indicate what type of order you'd be interested in if your preferred pattern was created (e.g. 1-3 OPS, 10-12 blades, etc.), but you don't have to.

-Max height patterns: e.g. BC88M, BC92M, BC28M

NsgG8oK.jpg

-Different lies: e.g. BC88 lie 5, BC28 lie 6, BC05 lie 5

-New patterns: e.g. Warrior Gionta, Barkov Pro, Ovechkin Pro, Hull Pro

Gionta:

jSFDDYF.jpg

qBN9KWq.jpg

Barkov:

ZqazvKn.png

lDR3g4c.jpg

Hull:

xKCbF2t.jpg

uj5habf.jpg

Ovechkin:

tDTXSHP.jpg

pxPRnsz.jpg

Some other options are the Kesler/Toffoli pro (Drury with toe kink) or the Benn pro (Sakic with toe kink), but I don't have any pics of those.

See the whole album here

I’d for sure like a p88 in a lower lie value!

• Like 1

im sure I’m in the vast minority but I’d like to see the old Schneider or Murray resurface. Open heels with a low lie. I’m about to dabble in a BC20 and BC21 and see if they work.

Also, count this guy in for a few Hull lefties, for nostalgic purposes.

Barkov for sure! That curve is so perfect and a jack of all trades. Will be a great curve for a variety of people and an easy translation from a p88/92.

I’d definitely jump on board with an order if it happens

• Like 1

As I mentioned before, I talk to a lot of women who are 5'5" and shorter, and need a junior flex, but want a senior sized blade.  They are adults, they can't "grow" into an intermediate size.  If it were possible to get senior blades on the junior pro height stick, that would be awesome.  It doesn't need to be all the senior blades, just the most popular ones (Bauer P92, P88, P28, PM9, etc) I have a Base junior pro stick and it's almost as thick as my intermediate stick.  So I feel like it should be possible to do what I proposed, though I don't know how much it would cost for the manufacturing process.

I’d be down for the Kesler/Toffoli/Setoguchi curve.  Would be neat to also have Arnott pro and Styles/Sundin pro patterns.  So hard to find retail heel curves nowadays...

5 hours ago, chippa13 said:

I was all set to test out a couple tapered blades until I got to the $38 for standard shipping.

IMPORTANT: The shipping quote for blades is broken right now - Drew is working on updating the website to reflect actual prices for a blade box. If you'd like to order blades, shoot us an email or use the "live chat" feature and we'll help you out. It's not $38 per box.

On 2/15/2018 at 4:09 PM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

im sure I’m in the vast minority but I’d like to see the old Schneider or Murray resurface. Open heels with a low lie. I’m about to dabble in a BC20 and BC21 and see if they work.

Also, count this guy in for a few Hull lefties, for nostalgic purposes.

Wow, I've never heard of either of those patterns. Could you please elaborate? Are we talking low-lie Drury wedges or something more curvy like a Listrom?

Also, thanks for your input everyone! I'm keeping the big wigs updated, so the more interest we get on this thread, the more it helps me talk them into bringing some new patterns to life. Keep it up!

Edited by MrData

2 hours ago, MrData said:

IMPORTANT: The shipping quote for blades is broken right now - Drew is working on updating the website to reflect actual prices for a blade box. If you'd like to order blades, shoot us an email or use the "live chat" feature and we'll help you out. It's not $38 per box.

Wow, I've never heard of either of those patterns. Could you please elaborate? Are we talking low-lie Drury wedges or something more curvy like a Listrom?

Also, thanks for your input everyone! I'm keeping the big wigs updated, so the more interest we get on this thread, the more it helps me talk them into bringing some new patterns to life. Keep it up!

Schneider is Similar to a Lidstrom but less drastic and more gradual. It was a pattern that existed in a former company that started with an “I.”

murray was a wedge but not as open or long as a Drury  

its admittedly a niche type pattern, I’m planning on trying your BC20 soon because it seems to suit my needs. If enough people have interest I’m happy to provide a sample.