Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 11/23/2018 at 7:22 PM, UCMnumber8 said:

If enough orders could be amassed to get BASE to copy this, I'd be interested in getting an SS10 with the Crazy Ovi pattern.

Speaking of the SS10, are there any plans to release this in other sizes (intermediate, junior pro, etc.,) or is it just going to be senior only?

What's the minimum order and mould fee (I'm currently working on a P90T (Benn Curve) with a 4.5 lie

Apology in advance if answered already but i skimmed and didn't find it.  what is the turn around time to get one of these sticks? Also where do they ship from?  And lastly is the P14 supposed to be the closest clone to what patrick kane actually uses?  It appears to be missing a bit of that toe kink he added in the last year or so?  Thanks in advance.

P14 is a clone of the Easton Shanahan from 90's and 00's retail sticks. If I'm not mistaken, the idea is that this is the Ur Kane blade that he's then modified dozens of times since gaining access to custom sticks. To say it's the Kane Pro isn't accurate in that it's what Kane's using RIGHT NOW! because that has changed so much and continues to change. It helps to drive sales though. If you want an exact Kane curve variant, you've got to hunt it down. And love stiffer sticks.

Curious on how long others who have ordered have waited for their orders from base to arrive. I love the products but wait times seems to be growing longer and longer. I’m currently at day 48 of waiting. Customer service has not been much help either in explaining the delay.  

This is my fourth order from them. first two times were great, third time not so. 5+ weeks and order of two kovalev blades came in But one a lie 5 the other 6..  

Again I love the products (quality, performance,graphics, options) but I’m starting to think customer service needs some work.

2 hours ago, Hockeydad97 said:

Curious on how long others who have ordered have waited for their orders from base to arrive. I love the products but wait times seems to be growing longer and longer. I’m currently at day 48 of waiting. Customer service has not been much help either in explaining the delay.  

This is my fourth order from them. first two times were great, third time not so. 5+ weeks and order of two kovalev blades came in But one a lie 5 the other 6..  

Again I love the products (quality, performance,graphics, options) but I’m starting to think customer service needs some work.

I've been ordering through Base since 2011, and this last order I noticed I was waiting roughly as long as you.  I think they just did alot of volume over the holidays, plus black Friday was before that.  I ordered a blade last summer and got it in 3 or 4 weeks.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hockeydad97 said:

You mean Kovalev Pro? I didn't know they offered that in multiple lies.

4 hours ago, flip12 said:

You mean Kovalev Pro? I didn't know they offered that in multiple lies.

Yes Kovalev pro. Online it only had the 5.5 lie listed which is what I ordered and received on my first order. Second order was for two 5.5 lies but received a 5 and a 6. So there are at the least 3 lies available in the kovalev pro.

i will share a photo of the 3 later tonight if you like

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hockeydad97 said:

Yes Kovalev pro. Online it only had the 5.5 lie listed which is what I ordered and received on my first order. Second order was for two 5.5 lies but received a 5 and a 6. So there are at the least 3 lies available in the kovalev pro.

Please do! Are the curves the same otherwise?

13 hours ago, Hockeydad97 said:

That's interesting.  Yeah I'd like to see pics.

@Hockeydad97, when you line them up, how do the lies look compared to each other? Can you take a shot of the three blades lined up so we can see how different the actual lie is?

On 3/6/2019 at 2:10 PM, Hockeydad97 said:

Weird, we do only offer the BC27 in lie "5.5". I put that in quotation marks because the actual lie of Kovalev's pro pattern is hard to pin down due to the wild rocker and length, so that's more of an average lie. I'm thinking that's a misprint, but I am curious to see if the blades will line up next to each other.

Also, in other news:

BIG NEWS!

You Ovi Pro fans are finally getting some tangible progress to seek your teeth into. In the coming weeks, I'll be releasing a feature on the Ovi Pro pattern on the BASE blog, which will be accompanied with a pre-order form on the main page. If we get a pre-order of 40 one-piece sticks (or shaft and blade combos, I'll have to confirm that part), we will produce the Ovi Pro curve in both RH and LH, as a limited edition run until June 6th. The pattern will be a clone of a pro stock Ovechkin stick from his CCM days, so it should be identical to the old CCM Crazy Ovi. If we don't get to 40 pre-orders (which I think is unlikely, considering the amount of interest we've received), we'll be refunding everyone's pre-order. Think of it as new pattern crowdfunding.

C0EBDAB7-6A0E-4FCB-A0D1-8C34EAEF8225_zps

Edited by MrData
Added some news, didn't want to double post
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 8:27 PM, MrData said:

Weird, we do only offer the BC27 in lie "5.5". I put that in quotation marks because the actual lie of Kovalev's pro pattern is hard to pin down due to the wild rocker and length, so that's more of an average lie. I'm thinking that's a misprint, but I am curious to see if the blades will line up next to each other.

Also, it’s curious it’s called a 5.5, because it’s lower than or equal to the lie on the P28 from heel to toe. For me it plays more like a 4. I had to extend my shaft length dialed into the PM9 the keep the puck from sliding out under the aggressive rocker that starts above the heel.

Edited by flip12

We've had a problem with our Ovi Pro blade sample, so BASE is offering a free customized BASE stick of your choice to anyone willing to provide an Ovi pro stock, CCM Crazy Ovi, or Warrior Kremlin stick to make the new BC08 mould. You can get it with the new BC08 Ovi Pro pattern or any other of our curves. The stick may be destroyed in the process. Send me a message if you're interested!

EDIT: Thanks everyone, several people have stepped forward!

Edited by MrData

On 4/8/2019 at 10:43 AM, MrData said:

Here's the Ovi Pro blog post, for more information about the new pattern:

US: https://us.basehocke...kin-pro-pattern

Canada: https://basehockey.c...kin-pro-pattern

Stay tuned for the lie measurement; since it's a pro stock stick, we're not assuming the lie before we can measure the sample.

Any news on the lie measurement?

On 10/17/2018 at 9:42 PM, Jagrmullet said:

Just received my Kovalev pro and I am very pleased.  Does Base hockey offer a variable flex shaft (simular to CCM Jet Speed or Nexus)? 

+1 Barkov Pro

+ 1 Jagr Pro

Nikita Kucherov pro would be a suggestion too, unless is to close to a P28. I do hear a lot of pros using the Mike Fisher pro (similar to a P28)

Lastly, Thank you Base for creating the BC14 (Kane Pro) in a 5.5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Fisher Pro.PNG

Sorry for reviving an old chat, but really like this image of a p28 vs the Fisher curve. I firmly believe curves are never identical across brands and vary slightly or a lot. Ie) I really like the CCM p28 but can’t ever seem to get it working for me as good in the Bauer.. no idea why as they look similar (but not identical).

Anyways, I have the Sherwood TMP Pro p28 and it was noticeably different to the CCM p28, in that the blade is shorter, a little more open, slightly less toe and to be honest, looks identical to the Fisher curve shown here… makes me wonder if Sherwood used the OG Fisher curve for their p28… or is Pro stock hockey sticks the OG Fisher (aka Pasternak) because from images that I’ve seen, Pro’s is closer to the CCM p28 not the Fisher in the above image…

I’d love to try an OG Fisher vs CCM p28 given so many NHLers use the Fisher… 

Anyone else have some p28 Fishee insights?