Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kmfdm86

Denver Metro Area

Anyone have any recommendations for any ice leagues, drop in, or even stick and puck in the Denver metro area that are beginner friendly? 

I'm an ok inline player and I did ice for the first time this winter at evergreen lake. I know how to ice skate. (not particularly well, but I can move with reasonable speed) I never got to play ice as a kid because it was too expensive. But now that I've got a taste I'm itching for more.

i mostly skate at du these days.  the tuesday/thursday am drop ins are pretty full and might be more than what you're after skill-wise.  sunday morning drop in there used to be more lower-level but even that's changed over the past few months.  they have stick and puck sessions but be aware that there's a fair number of kids there working with coaches, so you have to find a corner and kinda hang out there.

ice ranch (rmhl) has good leagues, maybe something around the e4 division? if you've played inline that might be a good starting spot.