Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canqingz

Comments on C9.0 shoulder pads?

Hi guys, I am looking for a low profile shoulder pads to replace my bauer vintage pro. I need low profile shoulder pads because I have really wide shoulder compared to my height. I used to wear vapor x7.0, too. But x7.0s are too bulky, and they made me look like Hulk.

I've been looking RBZ 150s and C9.0s, and leaning toward C9.0s because they are on a big sale now. 

I tried on RBZ and liked the fit and look,. unfortunately, I was not able to try on C9.0s because my LHS don't have Eastons.

I need info on the following: 1. how low profile are C9.0s compared to RBZ shoulders ;2.Are C9.0 true to size? I fit well into RBZ Md and pretty much everything Md, What size should I get C9.0?

Thanks in advance!

I can't compare to RBZ line but I will say I have the camo C7.5s (SMU) that are available at Pure Hockey and Hockey Giant and I love them.  They are very light, very mobile and low profile.

I bought the C9.0 from HM after trying a set of S19 pro-stocks that were awesome except for the bulky shoulder caps. Unfortunately, ended up returning both of them. The foam on the top of the hybrid shoulder cap of the C9.0 was pulling away from the plastic because it was primarily glued to it which I didn't like. The 2 piece nicer protector did not wrap the arm well at all even after trying to adjust the length and tightness. I also wasn't very impressed with the overall construction or materials, they felt cheap to me. Lastly, the plastic sternum guard didn't sit flat on my chest, one side sat up higher than the other.  I ended up getting a pair of X100's on clearance and couldn't be happier. 

Just my experience, you may have better luck than I did.