Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
A2rhino

Tydan blades

15 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Tyden coats LS3 and 4 blades with a DLC coating... tydenblases.com

I dispute that. If it's DLC, it's crappy.  All one has to do is compare Step and Blackedge real DLC with those. I can scrape off the paint so easy.

On October 16, 2016 at 7:40 PM, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Step is now doing them as well. But only in Canada.  Not allowed to ship to the US.  

That's good to know! Any idea where I would be able to order some?

thanks

I'm wondering that what steel Tydan uses for their products.
Tydan announces on the web site that using Sandvik co.'s 12C27 steel. For example as same Step using Sandvik steel for their product too.

But also Tydan says that using LS3 or LS4 runner for their product and re-temper or make coating it before selling.

How should I understand this? Does it mean that just Bauer uses Sandvik 12C27 steel for LS3 or 4 runners?

23 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

12c27 = LS3

6 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

No chance bauer uses Sandvik and if they do they must water it down somewhere. Itsharpens nothing like Step or Tyden. 

I've read the sentences of JR shows. Certainly it explains that Bauer uses Sandvik steel.

I know the name of Sandvik well on the metal tool world rather than hockey equipment seen. They have been producing high quality steels but there are so much kinds. If Sandvik provide 12C27 stainless steel for Bauer, how about Step's material? Do you think Step uses the same steel as Bauer?

Tydan says they re-temper LS3 steel before selling. Tempering is very important thing for all of knifes, and also it can be said for hockey runners, I think. It changes feeling if the same material was used.

Edited by Mimizk

Bauer steel doea not sharpen the same at all. 

I am not going to try and explain what Tyden doea as i am not a metal person.  But his steel is 100 times better to sharpen and holds an edge longer. 

I will let you metal experts sort out the numbers but quality wise Step breaks less and is easier to sharpen as a customer and sharpener to me that is all that matters.  

On 10/16/2016 at 9:40 PM, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Step is now doing them as well. But only in Canada.  Not allowed to ship to the US.  

Really? I can't find anything to confirm that. No Canada only info. Kind of wondering because my son played in Winnipeg twice this year and used to love V-Steel.

I've contacted with Step directly. They answered as they can't open the material information more detail than they have been provided from Sandvik. So I can't say whether LS3 and Step steel using the same steel for their each products.

Hills,

You misunderstood me I think. I wasn't questioning the Canada only policy. I was actually skeptical that the Step runner for Edge holder even exists. I've never seen any here or in Canada for that matter.

50 minutes ago, 218hockey said:

Hills,

You misunderstood me I think. I wasn't questioning the Canada only policy. I was actually skeptical that the Step runner for Edge holder even exists. I've never seen any here or in Canada for that matter.

My apologies!