Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
A2rhino

Tydan blades

4 hours ago, EJB said:

Funny this thread popped back up.  On a whim, bought a 2nd set of steel for my daughter this morning.  Some DLC.  

Anyone have input as to how different it is radius wise from standard LS5?

Tydan mimics the standard profile of steel. 

11 hours ago, EJB said:

Funny this thread popped back up.  On a whim, bought a 2nd set of steel for my daughter this morning.  Some DLC.  

Anyone have input as to how different it is radius wise from standard LS5?

Blade shape would be a bigger factor. Tydans shape is closer to Step, ie more meat at the heel and toe. Profile could be identical and still be fairly different. 

Meh, I did a flyer, slow Sunday morning.  She had talked about an extra set, I ordered engraved, so hope it works.  When I told her, she questioned why I didn’t just order her LS5, I just said give it a try.  Guess we’ll see.  Can always ask Pure to grind down the toe and heel? 

16 hours ago, EJB said:

Meh, I did a flyer, slow Sunday morning.  She had talked about an extra set, I ordered engraved, so hope it works.  When I told her, she questioned why I didn’t just order her LS5, I just said give it a try.  Guess we’ll see.  Can always ask Pure to grind down the toe and heel? 

Pretty sure @JR Boucicautsaid that Tydan steel for the Edge holder is the same shape as LS3.

• Like 1

I believe there’s actually 2 versions of Tydan for the edge holder. TY280 is shaped similar to regular (non-XL) Step steel I believe, whereas LS280 is shaped more like LS3. If you zoom in on some of Tydan’s Instagram pictures, you can see a difference. Maybe someone else can clarify better.

Went to Team Colorado camp, skated on them unused, No issues, other than saying I need more edge, it’s like they need to be sharpened.  I’ll run them through the Sparx 8 times when she returns.  She’s skating in our private drop in on Monday, we’ll see.