Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulhonda

EASTON GX Stick

Sorry if this question is answered already on this forum. I understand the whole Easton purchase by the Bauer group, but what is the status of the Easton GX stick? Is it still coming out and soon? Will it be a rebranded Bauer stick? My son has used Easton sticks for7 years and is down to his last V9 and 3 HTX's.  Cant seem to find any left E3 grip 85's anywhere .   We are trying to hold off switching  to the new CCM Super Tack 85 P29.  Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks, Paul

im a huge easton lover....not a huge fan or their most recent sticks though.  i think their best sticks were made during the SE16 days ..........and this GX looks a lot like it has those checkered bauer blades......

i want easton to remain independent of thought from Bauer.     seems like they have the 1N for Nexus, 1S for supreme, 1X for Vapor...and now 1E for Easton :angry::facepalm:

easton-synergy-gx-stick-2.jpg

On May 30, 2016 at 10:52 PM, paulhonda said:

Sorry if this question is answered already on this forum. I understand the whole Easton purchase by the Bauer group, but what is the status of the Easton GX stick? Is it still coming out and soon? Will it be a rebranded Bauer stick? My son has used Easton sticks for7 years and is down to his last V9 and 3 HTX's.  Cant seem to find any left E3 grip 85's anywhere .   We are trying to hold off switching  to the new CCM Super Tack 85 P29.  Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks, Paul

I've used Easton sticks for as long as I can remember (at least 15 years), but recently decided to change it up and got a CCM Ultra Tacks and a Bauer 1x. I also still have a Stealth RS2 and a new Stealth CX. Both the Ultra Tacks and 1x  (IN MY OPINION) are night and day difference for me to the Eastons. I decided to use my Stealths now for Inline games instead. Not sure if this helps, but please remember I used Eastons forever and didn't think anything else would be as good for me. Boy, was I wrong........

14 hours ago, steve66 said:

The GX is still coming to retail. Bauer/Easton will be running with 5 lines of sticks for now

So, Vapor & Stealth for low kick, Nexus and Synergy for mid kick, and Supreme for high kick? Too much.

And when does the GX release, anyway?

They're at Dicks website as well, and the cheaper models (named the 450, 550, and 650).

And to IpgBackups' earlier point, the new STX RX2 has the exact same checkered blades as my NXG. (Don't yell at me, it was $85.)

I think this is where we are going to really start to see smaller companies start taking over the stick market or at least I hope. $300+ for a stick is just ridiculous, $250 for a stick was already ridiculous. Considering most of what we really pay for are their advertising and sponsoring players.

I really hope to see the homegrown boys make some strong strides in the coming months/years. 

8 hours ago, Troubadour said:

I think this is where we are going to really start to see smaller companies start taking over the stick market or at least I hope. $300+ for a stick is just ridiculous, $250 for a stick was already ridiculous. Considering most of what we really pay for are their advertising and sponsoring players.

I really hope to see the homegrown boys make some strong strides in the coming months/years. 

Agree - the Verbero Cypress has caught my attention lately - anyone use of these? Looks like $189 according to their website. 

On August 10, 2016 at 0:52 PM, Troubadour said:

Agree - the Verbero Cypress has caught my attention lately - anyone use of these? Looks like $189 according to their website. 

9 hours ago, Tyler Roy said:

I just got my demo today. I will let you know what I think once I try it out this weekend. Some graphic elements are very Bauer esque. 

Appreciate it - I eagerly await your feedback!

8 hours ago, lennyboi said:

Appreciate it - I eagerly await your feedback!

I am pretty sure he's demoing the Easton not the Verbero 

The best thing in the world for someone who wants a top of the line stick is below. There are currently Easton GX pro stock sticks on eBay for $100-150.00 and on these web sites too.

eBay can get you your top of the line sticks for $75-150.00 and sometimes 2-3 packs of the sticks for $200-250.00 and less.

I just sold a used once full length pro stock Bauer Nexus 1N on eBay for $71.00... Literally used it in a stick and puck and sold it. Paid $150.00 brand new and that was too much.

etc... $299.00 is ridiculous for a stick and I've been using top of the line sticks for years and haven't paid more than $150.00 brand new for any of them pro stock or retail and I only paid that because it was a rare curve/flex combo that I was experimenting with.

if you're willing to take some time to look you don't have to be a victim of these insane prices. 

Heres a link for a new GX Pro Stock E28 100 flex. $123.00 USD plus shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222216594759 

^^ I personally love pro stock sticks but they aren't for everyone. Last two pro sticks I bought didn't work out. I was fortunate enough to sell one of them. The other is an emergency backup.

In my opinion, the better value is previous years top sticks on close out. For example, HM is blowing Easton CX (as well as others) twigs. They're even offering an additional 30% off when you use the promo code on the main page.

Agreed, you really don't have to spend $259-300 to get a top of the line stick unless of course you want to.

6 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

More often than not, it'll be a different construction from the retail stick. Please stay on topic. 

K well the GX is being released in retail but if you don't want to pay full retail there are plenty of RETAIL top of the line sticks on eBay if you're afraid of pro stock... Or you can just do your homework before you buy and see if the codes match the construction of the stick you are seeking. The stick posted in my link was a true GX build so I don't really see how I was off topic at all.