Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tpedersen3118

Small chip / hole in new stick

Not sure how it happened but I have a small hole / chip on the top of my stick around the hosel. It's not large maybe half the size of a BB. Since it's on the top corner (blad face side) I'm wondering if I can use a filler or epoxy to close it up, maybe some 3M Epxoy or JB weld? I just don't want that one little area becoming a weak point as it's a new stick 

I gave it a shot, we'll see what happens. I wouldn't have tried it had it been a chip, but there was a hole and i could see into the stick.

Unfortunatly, I bought the stick at the beginning of April, got injured and didn't play for a few weeks. So while it has only seen 3-4 games and is "new" True's warranty is only 30 days from the date of purchase.

It's a True stick? 

I noticed a couple small BB sized holes (probably a little smaller than a BB, but almost perfectly circular) in mine a few weeks back on my a5.2 and an older a4.5 (both on the blade, and both out of warranty).  The a5.2 has held up fine (haven't used the a4.5).  I keep my eye on any wear and tear, and haven't seen any added stress to the area.  Please follow up, and let me know how filling it works for you. Thanks!

I know the True beefed up the blades in the new A series of sticks. My "hole" is in the hosel probably 3" up from the bend. I filled it with some JB weld and small strip of carbon fiber I had laying around. I'll see tomorrow how it has cured and we'll go from there.

filled, sanded, and good to go! I considered hitting it with some mat black spray paint I had laying around but changed my mind. 

Typically I wouldn't go through such work for a stick but given the short time I have played it, I thought it would be a good idea.