Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior QRL - x-axis

qrlreview_zpshlebxjdb.jpg

What to expect from this review:

A comparison between the QR1 and the QRL

Insights from an undersized adult that uses an Intermediate 70 flex stick

A review of the durability and feel of the stick

Me:

5'8", 165 pounds, Forward

ODR company employee, rink staff

Stick Specs:

70 flex, backstrom, rh

My stick rotation:

Warrior QR1 70 flex, CCM RBZ Speedburner 75 flex, CCM Tacks 75 flex, Easton V9E 65 flex (senior length)

Initial Comparison between the QRL and the QR1

The QRL is slightly thinner than the QR1 and the Cortex grip texture starts and ends higher on the QRL. A definite upgrade. I've enjoyed it.

The puck feel is very similar though slightly stiffer. Great response.

warriorcomparison_zpslgmcpv0t.jpg

The graphics have seen a serious upgrade. The QRL graphics are similar on both sides of the stick with the large black Warrior lettering dominating. A significant change from the QR1 which has different graphics on either side of the stick with more subtle, static lettering.

The white and orange accents on the QRL make the stick look incredible. Excellent job by Warrior. One of the best looking sticks out there right now. 

70 flex Life

There are few offerings out there for adults in the 5'6"-5-9" and 140-160 pound range. I can attest to this stick being a great option as I have used the QR1 for over a year and this stick seems to be its worthy successor.

Thank you JR and Warrior hockey. I appreciate the opportunity.

A full review of the QRL is on its way.

If you have any questions feel free to PM.

I frequent San Jose as well as Los Angeles area rinks. If you see me, feel free to ask to borrow the stick for a little bit.