Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior QRL - iceman8310

Thanks so much to JR and MSH for the chance to review this great stick from Warrior!

For reference, I am 6’3 240 using an 85 flex.

Men's B player

Stick testing: Warrior QRL
Flex: 85
Grip? : Yes
Curve: W03 Backstrom

Sticks Currently Using:

Sherwood Ek15 P92lie5

Sherwood EK60 P28

Bauer 1N P28

Warrior AX1 LT P28

Warrior QR1 P28

All 85Flex

First Impressions:

The first Warrior Stick I used was the Warrior Widow 85 Flex Gionta Curve.  Since then I've tried and used the evolution of the Dagger Taper.  I was a big fan of the Widow, not so much the DT1, fell in love with the QR1 and now with the QRL my happiness continues.   

As the stick is concerned it feels lighter than the QR1, the balance feels fantastic, improved from the QR1.   Puck feel is more natural than the qr1 and previous Dagger Taper models.  The puck feels at home on the blade.  

Still working with my groin injury.  Trying to play as much as I can with the injury.  Been using the stick for over a month now and using it as my go to stick.  Trying to use it in ever pick up I play in and every shift of every game.  The flex and pop still feels nice, the blade has taken a beating but is still holding up well.  I would like to try the stick in a W28 curve but the W03 is working well for me.  I'm happy with the upgrades Warrior made from the QR1 to the QRL so far.

Broke my stick the other night.  It wasn't from a shot but unfortunately from a slash.  I wasn't very happy with the guy who slashed me.  The QRL has been one of my favorite sticks to date.  The balance and feel are more or less perfect.  I've been a fan of Warrior since they released the widow and continue to be.  I will be going to the store to pick up another QRL but this time a p28 curve.   I did notice the warrior customizer is back up and running.  I will be picking up a few customs that route as well.  

Forgot to include.  I picked up a few more QRLs.  Specs W03 and W28 85flex RH

I honestly can say after being a Warrior Stick fan since the Widow this stick is fantastic.  The release and blade feel is top notch.  Loading up the stick is almost effortless.