Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior QRL - all flash

Would like to start off by saying a big thank you to JR for allowing me in on LTR's. Always a privilege to get first crack at a new piece of gear. Also a shout out to Warrior for putting said piece of gear into ModSquad family hands.

Lets get started shall we......

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/v9srrotnxypkqn9/AAAHlED7A1-MArPtUyiZzDuna

First Impressions.....

Since I am accustom to the lightest stick on the market as my go to lamp lighter the weight from any stick when first held has got a lot to live up to. That being said, although this stick was 403 grams uncut and extremely light, it was the balance that I noticed most. Very well balanced.  Color scheme, is reminiscent of the OG Widow starting at the giant Warrior in the middle of the stick. Not too much, not too little going on overall. Just about right IMHO. With a fb like going to the orange accents. Once all dressed up(taped&waxed), my twig weighed in at 490 grams. About 30 more grams than my EK15. Looking forward to my first ice time tonight ....... TBC......

So after my first session with the new QRL, I have come to these thoughts about the new tool in my toolbox. 1st off, using this stick in warm up, the feel was great as soon as i touched the puck. Feel is not as important to me as to other players but again it sends me back to the OG Widow which I felt had amazing feel. Also I think i read on here someone mention how loud it was when dangling. I will 2nd that as it is quite loud when the puck hits the blade, which i think i really like. Next thing i got from warm up was that this stick fires effortlessly. Besides shooting lasers, as I think any top end stick should do. This stick just made it easy. The stick doesn't seem as stiff as rated when firing the puck. Which in my books is a good thing. 

TBC....

First off would like to apologize to all for not being more active on this review as I moved in September and life has been super hectic since. My last game was in September and my QRL's last shot felt the same as my first. All in all I am always stoked whenever I pick it up. So all summer I was fine tuning and nearer the middle of summer, my QRL turned into a fully functional extension of my hands. The one thing I can think of that I was still figuring was about  approximately 1 out of 10 shots wobbled hard. But its nothing that can't be condoned.  Especially considering thats the only thing I really notice bad or negative  about the stick. Warrior definitely has a winner on their hands.

TBC.......

Latest update...... After life took me for a crappy ride,it is finally getting back to some semblance of normalcy and allowing me to get back on the ice. Which makes me happy fwiw.

Over the last 2 months I have scraped in almost a game a week. 

Having said that, my QRL felt weird when I first got back. Just kinda "off" really. Still feels good and fires lasers for the most part. But not the extension of my hands it was starting to become in my last update. Also going strong for the most part in the durability department but has a nice crack right above the heel where the fuse point would be if it were a 2 piece.

Been waiting for it to break ever since but no bueno. Even taking alot of clappers in warm up to try to get it to go. But again, no bueno. 

TBC.......