Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashtasticness

Mowing the lawn

Does anyone else get a strange satisfaction by mowing the lawn? My husband's ship is out right now so I mowed the lawn after work and I am quite proud that my grass has stripes from mowing. I will say, it is WAY too hot outside. 

12 hours ago, Ashtasticness said:

Does anyone else get a strange satisfaction by mowing the lawn? My husband's ship is out right now so I mowed the lawn after work and I am quite proud that my grass has stripes from mowing. I will say, it is WAY too hot outside. 

I use a push reel mower, so no lines but i get a nice workout and the smell of grass vs gasoline. Usually my enjoyment of mowing decreases as the temperature increases above 75.

5 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

You would.

I plan on starting a fitness revolution in Mow-fit. Its like crossfit minus the crossfitters. Unfortunately due to time constraints I can only take one student every 5-10 days at "my practice facility".

I enjoy it. I used to try and find any excuse to not do it years back, but that was when I was 13 and just learning about the idea of working. Now I'm 26, have been cutting lawns ever since. Have six on my street that I do, and I take great pride in it. It's great exercise, and I just throw on Spotify and listen to music while doing it.

I'd also use a push reel mower if I cut my own lawn instead of landscapers. It cuts the grass cleanly instead of ripping it, so you don't get brown tips. Some of the modern ones are surprisingly easy to push, too.

12 hours ago, Stewie said:

I use a push reel mower, so no lines but i get a nice workout and the smell of grass vs gasoline. Usually my enjoyment of mowing decreases as the temperature increases above 75.

I think it was mid-90s yesterday when I mowed. When we moved, my parents but us some fancy $350 Husqvarna mower. Thankfully I wasn't out too long in the heat. 

14 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

what is this mowing you all speak of?  Don't people just magically appear at your house every Thursday afternoon?

Friday for us.

5 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

I'd also use a push reel mower if I cut my own lawn instead of landscapers. It cuts the grass cleanly instead of ripping it, so you don't get brown tips. Some of the modern ones are surprisingly easy to push, too.

Florida grass sucks though. 

I've only ever actually been to Florida once before for a conference.

Honestly if we owned this house id be for sure just putting in turf. 

I enjoy mowing/edging & a cold beverage while admiring my finished product.  Picking up dog bombs twice a week prior to each mow isn't as satisfying.

9 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Florida grass sucks though. 

IT'S SO THICK. there are certain parts in my back yard I can barely push through and my mower has front wheel drive. Plus it grows like crazy with all the rain in the summer. 

12 minutes ago, EJB said:

I enjoy mowing/edging & a cold beverage while admiring my finished product.  Picking up dog bombs twice a week prior to each mow isn't as satisfying.

Lol just mow over it. Nutrients for the soil!

1 hour ago, Ashtasticness said:

IT'S SO THICK. there are certain parts in my back yard I can barely push through and my mower has front wheel drive. Plus it grows like crazy with all the rain in the summer. 

Yep, don't miss it one single bit.

8 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

I've only ever actually been to Florida once before for a conference.

Honestly if we owned this house id be for sure just putting in turf. 

Yeah, the grass blades are usually 1/4" wide.

Haha, Brady Bunch house...

no I hate doing it, I only have a small bit normally end up leaving it longer than I should.

I need one of those robot lawnmowers to do it for me.

14 hours ago, GQRDY said:

no I hate doing it, I only have a small bit normally end up leaving it longer than I should.

I need one of those robot lawnmowers to do it for me.

Robot lawn mowers? 

I don't mind mowing the yard, but if I didn't have to that would be great.  I have a little over half an acre and just a push mower.  It's a good workout and I get to jam out to whatever music I decide to listen to.