Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dev10251

Non-tapered shaft

Does anyone have any recommendations on non-tapered hockey shafts?  The Warrior Dynasty AX1 looks good but a little costly. Same goes for the Supreme 1S.  Has anyone tried the True A6.0?

I have the True A6.0 SBP standard shaft and really like it. I have it paired with the A6.0 SBP blade and think its a pretty solid setup, specifically for the price point.

Puck feel and balance are good.  it's also extremely light.  Those characteristics stand out to me,  considering it's a two- piece.  No durability issues.  I recommend it.

7 minutes ago, OzziesDad said:

I have the True A6.0 SBP standard shaft and really like it. I have it paired with the A6.0 SBP blade and think its a pretty solid setup, specifically for the price point.

Puck feel and balance are good.  it's also extremely light.  Those characteristics stand out to me,  considering it's a two- piece.  No durability issues.  I recommend it.

Did you get it from Hockey Monkey?  That's the only place that I see has the shaft.  I plan on using a Sherwood T20 ABS blade.  I thought of just using a sherwood shaft with it but all I found were stiff flex.  The True A6.0 was one of the few standard shafts with a 75 flex.

I actually bought mine at a local Pure Hockey.  We have a bunch of PH stores near me(and a Monkey).  However, this one PH gets some random odds and ends and all the closeouts.  I just happened to be looking at the shafts one day and stumbled upon it.

4 hours ago, OzziesDad said:

Same set up and I love it

Maybe I should try a True A6.0. What is the difference between the SBP and non-SBP version? And unfortunately True doesn't appear to make curve close to what I use.

I also have true sbp 2pc and for standard 2pc combo, its surprisingly well balanced and lighter than any combo i ever had, however sherwood t90 + combat blade also have a nice balanced. For flex, true 75 flex felt similar to my warrior ak27 (last version) 85 flex and sherwood t90 75 flex plays softer. 

16 hours ago, Davideo said:

Maybe I should try a True A6.0. What is the difference between the SBP and non-SBP version? And unfortunately True doesn't appear to make curve close to what I use.

In terms of the shaft(s), I think the a6.0 and a6.0 SBP would be fairly similar.  I don't really think there would be any discernible difference between the two (if I am wrong, I am sure someone can elaborate).

However, the blade(s) differ slightly between the two.  For one, the a6.0 SBP blade is about 2" taller than the a6.0.  So, if you are switching between the two at any point, your stick will be about two inches taller depending on which blade you are using.  So that's just a heads up.

Also, the SBP blade features BRT technology.  Which are ribs that go through the blade to stiffen, and strengthen it a bit.  I do feel the puck comes off the blade with a bit more pop on the SBP blade.  Could be placebo effect though.

All True blades have a 30 day warranty as well, which is a nice bonus.

True A6.0 sbp shaft + rbk 1k blade for outdoor!

75flex cut down about 4" still flexible.

great puck feel , balance , shooting power and light weight. Best standard shaft i have ever used.

bauer 1s                             $129.99

warrior HD1s                     $129.99

True A6.0 sbp                    $89.99(icewearhouse) don't know why $10 cheaper than hockeymonkey??

$99.99(hockeymonkey)

really recommend it.

jOWtnjN.jpg