Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slooz

Similar Elbows to Warrior Projekt

Hey there,

I left one of my Projekt elbowpads at the rink last week and can't find it anywhere. Devastating! There has been a run on elbows in my area, but I'm heading down to SoCal in a week for vacation and am planning on picking some up. What's the closest pad I can get mobility-wise on the market right now? There are a couple pairs online, but I'm loathe to pay $70+ tax and shipping. My absolute ceiling is $70 total. Looking forward to your recommendations!

At full MSRP all the pads that compare to the Projekts are well over your budget so your best bet is looking at clearance models or a pair that's in used, but good condition. For your budget, I'd consider the following options:

1. A used pair of Projekts

2. Old CCM U+ CL's on clearance or a used pair

3. A used pair of CCM RBZ pads (or maybe on clearance with an additional 35% off code or something that monkey sometimes has...right now they're $90 on that site)

4. A used pair of STX Surgeon 500 pads

The CCM RBZ 150 might be an option. It's a 3 piece pad that is currently on clearance for around $65 online - you may be able to find it in store for right around your desired price.

I haven't found anything close in comfort unfortunately. 

I noticed you mentioned going to socal. Funnily enough, the hockey monkey there has a single pair of the pro projekt (fits like the white model, but has more protection and has some black on it). Kind of odd since they didn't sell that version even when the projekt was a current model!

they may or may not still be there.

I agree that nothing beats the Projekt for an overall pad (comfort and mobility are off the charts). I listed options, but I don't think any of them are as good as the Projekts. Checking the Hockey Monkey for those Projekts is a good idea - hopefully they're there, his size and fall within his budget.

7 hours ago, althoma1 said:

I agree that nothing beats the Projekt for an overall pad (comfort and mobility are off the charts). I listed options, but I don't think any of them are as good as the Projekts. Checking the Hockey Monkey for those Projekts is a good idea - hopefully they're there, his size and fall within his budget.

They weren't my size and still almost bought them just because of how hard they are to find, especially the pro model. I have 3-4 pairs of unused non-pro white model sitting in a closet from stockpiling. 

Really wish Warrior would bring these back. Nothing from them, or anyone else for that matter, has been even close to being as comfortable.

3 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

Really wish Warrior would bring these back. Nothing from them, or anyone else for that matter, has been even close to being as comfortable.

It's a shame that Warrior did away with such an awesome design in 2 cycles. I'm gonna check out the cheaper RBZs this weekend or get some Eastons (I really like my HSX shin guards and hope their elbows are equally as good). Thanks for your recommendations!

I found the Easton Pro 10 elbow pad a very pleasant surprise in fit, protection and weight...previous to the Pro 10 I wore the HSX you have mentioned and they worked really nicely as well... Good luck!

I tried on the Easton Pro (bought from IW). Never tried it on the ice, I didn't find them at all comfortable. Of course, everyone's arms are different :)

2 hours ago, JBP said:

I found the Easton Pro 10 elbow pad a very pleasant surprise in fit, protection and weight...previous to the Pro 10 I wore the HSX you have mentioned and they worked really nicely as well... Good luck!

I agree.  I have the pro 10s and they're very comfortable.  They fit me very well. I Got tripped up by a sliding defenseman and went flying and landed on my elbows and they cushioned really well. 

I have those in small but the small hsx pinched me and felt way too tight. The pro 20s were a pleasant surprise.  

7 hours ago, Ps12 said:

I agree.  I have the pro 10s and they're very comfortable.  They fit me very well. I Got tripped up by a sliding defenseman and went flying and landed on my elbows and they cushioned really well. 

I have those in small but the small hsx pinched me and felt way too tight. The pro 20s were a pleasant surprise.  

I got the Synergy 80's from IW, which are coming tomorrow. I'm a barrel-chested 5'7/195lbs, so I hope a small works out. 

If you were a small in the white projekts you might need a medium in most other pads. I found the white projekts fit big and had to drop to a medium in those when l wear a large in all other elbow pads. The blue and grey projekts fit true to size and I wear a large in those.