Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Cleaning a chin cup on CCM FM580 cage

Anyone have any recommendations on cleaning a chin cup on CCM FM580 cage?  I think it's stupid that the cage doesn't have buttons to make the chin cup removable for cleaning.  I have owned a few of these over the years, going back to when they were Jofa branded and they have never been removable.  Anyway, I tried scrubbing it with soap and water but it didn't help too much, then I tried scrubbing it with some liquid laundry detergent but that didn't last long, either (literally one skate and it was back to smelling).  I figured I could try soaking the chin cup overnight but don't want to risk rusting the cage.  Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated.

I always preferred switching the chin cup out with a Bauer Re-Akt chin-cup. Removable, so can be washed if need be, and has Poron XRD in it.

1 hour ago, EBondo said:

I always preferred switching the chin cup out with a Bauer Re-Akt chin-cup. Removable, so can be washed if need be, and has Poron XRD in it.

Hah. Did the same thing, took a little tinkering but I have a Re-Akt chin cup on my Profile II. I thought I was the only one but looks like I'm not that special. So light and small enough to fit my baby face. Don't see it in my peripheral vision at all.

I scrub with a bleach and water solution and that seems to take out the funk. Note: Rinse VERY well or your chin can have a nasty reaction.

12 hours ago, Bbd94 said:

Hah. Did the same thing, took a little tinkering but I have a Re-Akt chin cup on my Profile II. I thought I was the only one but looks like I'm not that special. So light and small enough to fit my baby face. Don't see it in my peripheral vision at all.

Im gonna have to look into this! I just got a Profile II and after 2 skates with it, it already smells awful.

5 hours ago, kclark87 said:

Im gonna have to look into this! I just got a Profile II and after 2 skates with it, it already smells awful.

Not sure how removable it is, I may have broken the chin cup that comes on the Profile II LOL. Would work if you want to trade the chin cup out for another one, like I did with the Re-Akt, but have to be careful if you want to clean it. 

It snaps off but it seems like it doesn't hold as tight afterwards. They snap back in but was a little loose, so I just taped it up with some black stick tape.