Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

decoy

2016-2017 Gear Sightings

8 hours ago, Mimizk said:

It seems not button, but also ordinary nut.

Even more than in the original view of it, the design looks like a hybrid of the CXN and SpeedBlade holders.

On 10/23/2016 at 1:40 AM, the iceman said:

Not sure what you were interested in in this photo, but it looks like oversized holders on McD's skates.

5 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

It's a screw.

Ok, then the claim of 4 seconds is grossly exaggerated. It is pretty useless anyhow. The system they have however does allow for on bench runner change just like Graf holders. I am somewhat glad if it is just a nylock.  Perhaps Graf runners fit right in without need of developing new blade designs and machining drawings. I think it is pretty smart. Structurally however, this holder looks like Graf Seven-97 holder with different webbing dedign. Since there is no shark fin in the runner, I doubt torsion rigidity will be any better than Speedblade holder. Although once again, how many players ever complained about torsion rigidity.

9 hours ago, start_today said:

Prior to the edge holder, did anyone besides pro-EQMs and helicopter dads who think they are EQMs worry about changing steel taking 2 minutes instead of 7? 

What percent of hockey players even bring extra steel to the bench, and out of those, how many ever need it? This whole quick change runner seems like a solution just dying to have a problem to solve. 

I never carried my 2nd set to the rink until the night when I lost an edge several minutes into the game.  In all fairness, the majority of the reasons why someone has a 2nd set of steel are:

1)    Players are on travel teams and parents don’t want to worry about who is sharpening their steel when they are out of town.

2)    They have players playing on backyard rink ice or pond ice and want separate steel for that purpose.

3)    They have multiple sets to reduce how often they have to visit the shop for sharpening.

Before the LS Edge holders very few had a 2nd set because it wasn’t as easy to change out the steel.  LS Edge changed that.

2 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

Ok, then the claim of 4 seconds is grossly exaggerated. It is pretty useless anyhow. The system they have however does allow for on bench runner change just like Graf holders. I am somewhat glad if it is just a nylock.  Perhaps Graf runners fit right in without need of developing new blade designs and machining drawings. I think it is pretty smart. Structurally however, this holder looks like Graf Seven-97 holder with different webbing dedign. Since there is no shark fin in the runner, I doubt torsion rigidity will be any better than Speedblade holder. Although once again, how many players ever complained about torsion rigidity.

All the players that refused to switch from the Tuuk Custom+ when LS2 holders were available.  Custom+ flexed more and some skaters liked that feel.

I'm not sure at all, but I had a peek at Kadris skates in this weeks slomomonday video and it looked quite unusual. Am I missing out on something or is he indeed using a skate we dont really know yet?

EDIT: whitchhunt is called off. The guy is using CCM Jetspeed line ones. We dont have many of them over here so I dont known them very well. sorry for the trouble.

6 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

35 minute video on how John Tavares' skates are made 

http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/43115/watch-how-john-tavares-skates-are-made

Interesting that the tendon guard is part of the carbon fiber shell. Also, does the reinforcement they adhere to the sole of the boot make it beefier in its connection to the holder than the Makos were? That could be their way of preventing the heel of the boot from tearing up like the Mako I's were prone to do. So glad to have seen a lot of that detail, even if some of the shots were a little dark for actually seeing detailed interiors of the skate.

On 10/17/2016 at 11:53 AM, JR Boucicaut said:
7 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

35 minute video on how John Tavares' skates are made 

http://www.espn.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/43115/watch-how-john-tavares-skates-are-made

Too bad, they don't make their retail skates in Canada. :( Top of the line Ribcors, made in Thailand. For some reason it put my comment in the quote....

On 2016-10-24 at 9:29 AM, Mimizk said:

No. Yesterday I emailed to Step and replied man gave me some pics.

Did they give you any sort of release date?

2 hours ago, jordanm said:

Did they give you any sort of release date?

No, I didn't ask him about release date or any other information.

This is just my thinking though, they showed me some pics and the taken holders were very good construction. At least I felt hard to see it as very prototype. I think it will be released on not far future.

On 10/24/2016 at 1:51 PM, start_today said:

Prior to the edge holder, did anyone besides pro-EQMs and helicopter dads who think they are EQMs worry about changing steel taking 2 minutes instead of 7? 

What percent of hockey players even bring extra steel to the bench, and out of those, how many ever need it? This whole quick change runner seems like a solution just dying to have a problem to solve. 

a kid playing PeeWee or Bantam is probably just as likely to need back up steel as he/she is to need a back up stick...... So, why not have it

18 hours ago, Thirdlineplug said:

Holy Bauer Vapors Batman. There's a million different colourways they could have chosen... 

the existing Jetspeeds are red/grey/black, but I agree the graphic layout very much resembles the Vapors!! 

especially on the lower heel and the placement of the CCM logo