Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tpedersen3118

CCM, Bauer, Oakley, and now Under Armou visors?

So many visors too choose from, what's the real difference? I've been happy with my Oakley visor but it needs to be replaced (scratched and scuffed to hell). I like the Bauer clip on system and now with CCM coming out with theirs it looks promising as well (not sure when we will see it in stores though?).  Snooping around on I-Dub this morning I saw the UA visors and I'm kind of surprised to see them launch something like that. Is this UA's intro to the hard goods hockey market? What's next from them UA skates, sticks, etc ? Might be interesting....

Not sure they would make it far in the market.  I believe they do visors for just about any sport that use them, football being one of the largest.  I've never seen anyone use a UA visor, at least nobody I play with.  I can't seem to find any place that isn't sold out, so I'm assuming the stock is low and the visor isn't all that popular.  It is interesting though.  I've only used Bauer, so I can't say much about the others but I've heard good things, especially Oakley.

3 hours ago, IW Team - Chase said:

Correct but those visors are different than what's now out. 

Chase, have you tried one of the new ones? It looks like the black "frame" around the sides of the visor might cut into your peripheral vision, or it's just the picture?

Getting back to the visors, what is going to be the better in terms of anti-fog? My Oakley had been great as long as I sprayed it before hand, but since going back to wearing shoulder pads all of my body heat is coming right up and fogging up quite a bit while on the bench. 

2 hours ago, tpedersen3118 said:

Chase, have you tried one of the new ones? It looks like the black "frame" around the sides of the visor might cut into your peripheral vision, or it's just the picture?

I've tried one on but haven't used it. I can barely see the black frames in the corner and I don't feel like it'd hinder my on-ice vision.

In terms of Anti-Fog, the new CCM ones are the way to go. They're stellar. 

20 hours ago, tpedersen3118 said:

Getting back to the visors, what is going to be the better in terms of anti-fog? My Oakley had been great as long as I sprayed it before hand, but since going back to wearing shoulder pads all of my body heat is coming right up and fogging up quite a bit while on the bench. 

You'll find that from time to time in the summer regardless of what visor you wear depending on how well your rink manages heat/humidity inside the building.

On 7/6/2016 at 0:00 PM, the iceman said:

Didn't Under Armour already release a hockey visor a few years ago?

Those things were awful. Nothing like paying a premium price for junk, just because of the logo on it. 

Intrigued by the CCM visors, new oem or simply a rebrand? Can anybody who knows elaborate a bit more on them?

4 hours ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

A close friend  of mine in the hockey industry tells me that the new visor is the same as the Tron visor (same factory and all).

Knowing what CCM intends to charge for these, I sure hope not.

7 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Are we talking $$ or $$$? Frankly, I can't see these selling well if we are breaking the $100 price point.  

20 minutes ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

Reminds me of the Z Leader setup they had years back...

Thankfully a lot lighter and less cumbersome. Much more like the current Bauer HDO pro clip offering

The clips don't look too bad but I feel like the Bauer version is better designed. I still feel like visor size is an area that hasn't been optimized. My hypothetical hockey company that will never come to be would offer multiple sizes to reduce the effect of the visor pulling the sides of the helmet outward, but it would hurt profit chances and would be a bad business decision (hence why it won't come to be).

17 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Cheaper to make/use spacers and longer screws to push the clips out than to make a different size visor.