Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Total Hockey Files Bankruptcy

We started the inventory management (TH's system) integration a few months ago and we just completed all of the Pure Hockey stores last week.  I was in Boston 3 weeks ago training one of the stores on it.

You'll see more brick-and-mortar transitioning in the coming months - no later than the end of summer.

13 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

We started the inventory management (TH's system) integration a few months ago and we just completed all of the Pure Hockey stores last week.  I was in Boston 3 weeks ago training one of the stores on it.

You'll see more brick-and-mortar transitioning in the coming months - no later than the end of summer.

You training any of the stores out here?

Bummed to see the TH website transition to PH as I hate the PH site. Always considered TH to be one of, if not the best site.

28 minutes ago, stick9 said:

Bummed to see the TH website transition to PH as I hate the PH site. Always considered TH to be one of, if not the best site.

looks like they mostly kept the TH framework on the web site.  

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

Framework-wise, it was the opposite. 

1 hour ago, dkmiller3356 said:

looks like they mostly kept the TH framework on the web site.  

Correct

Interesting because user wise I always felt the opposite.

I'd love to see some of the knowledge and experience I saw at TH stores spill over to PH. 

13 minutes ago, stick9 said:

Interesting because user wise I always felt the opposite.

I'd love to see some of the knowledge and experience I saw at TH stores spill over to PH. 

Basically, TH's website had a logo change, and became purehockey.com.  Then the TH url was redirected to PH.

Howdy,

So will the stores become branded as Pure or are they staying Total?

Mark

50 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Mark

At least from the FAQ: https://www.purehockey.com/support/PureHockeyAndTotalHockey/pg_id/37

Q: My local store is still operating as Total Hockey. Will any Total Hockey retail locations be impacted by this change?
A: Yes. Over the next few months, all of the Total Hockey retail locations will be renamed Pure Hockey. However, you will see the same friendly faces, the familiar smiles and great service that you’ve been accustomed to.

9 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Mark

We will all be Pure Hockey soon.

PH has been great on the product side of things since I've moved here, but less so on the sharpening/service end.

Hopefully JR can help supercharge the place :biggrin:

14 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

PH has been great on the product side of things since I've moved here, but less so on the sharpening/service end.

Hopefully JR can help supercharge the place :biggrin:

@Cavs019Check out the PH in Medford if you can for a sharpening. Those guys are JR 'certified'. 

I'll just comment that I was In Chicago for the NAHL combine and drove over to the Downers Grove location...I never saw a store that had so few sticks in it, Something was definately up.  BUT its not like you can say anything and get the correct answer.  It appeared that the store only had 1/3 of the sticks you typically see AND that is down from a few years back as well.

Dissapointed, as many other dad's know me as the guy who hangs at the Total Hockey stores...If we are in the area of one...I stop by...

They draw in alot of people, especially from out of town.  I even bump into former team families who have moved onto other associations...so its a way to catch up with others too.

21 hours ago, hawkeyfan said:

I'll just comment that I was In Chicago for the NAHL combine and drove over to the Downers Grove location...I never saw a store that had so few sticks in it, Something was definately up.  BUT its not like you can say anything and get the correct answer.  It appeared that the store only had 1/3 of the sticks you typically see AND that is down from a few years back as well.

Dissapointed, as many other dad's know me as the guy who hangs at the Total Hockey stores...If we are in the area of one...I stop by...

They draw in alot of people, especially from out of town.  I even bump into former team families who have moved onto other associations...so its a way to catch up with others too.

It's not really related to the transition though - usually when you're low on product at this time of the year, it's a good problem to have, because you're waiting for the new product to arrive.

However, with Warrior and CCM having early/mid-Summer stick launches, and now Bauer joining them, it's left a big hole.  The last-gen 1S launched in February.  This year, it's July.

JR-Thanks for the insight...ITs just from a spectators point of view...It looks like a sinking ship.

Sure the benefit is that the retailer is not warehousing product while no one is in the stores shopping (Off-season).  BUT I have witnessed the same thing with other stores where, if you walked in 10 years ago...you thought how awesome is this!  look at all the options of product.

It's to easy to blame the consumer isn't buying when the sticks are full price...Having (3) lines with 7-9 levels of sticks make it very  problematic...add in the matrix of where certain curves are allowed AND/OR not and informing the consumer of this is also what creates many problems.  Maybe some of the OLD issues was the switch over from Woodies to composite and having all that add'l product into the matrix.

I cannot tell you how many times I have been searching for a curve, that I would never find...because its not even available from the manufactuer...the guy making Min. wage in the Hockey store doesn't know any better either...

It just happens that I know of the consolidation of Total Hockey making sense to the lower inventory...But Hockey Giant has/had stayed seperate and hoped that would be the same with Total Hockey.

People are talking onthe board about the old Pure Hockey Website being and issue and I would agree with that, but see what is now going on too.

As the market place changes, we wil adapt (even if we hate what unfolds) like the 2 pc stick fading away.

Hawkeyfan -

Any reference to PH/TH/HG in your post, with all due respect, you're misinformed.  Unfortunately, with that being said, I can't correct you.  

I'll be able to touch on anything that has been announced by the company.

I just ordered a pair of CCM 50K skates from Pure Hockey. When I tracked the shipment (sent via UPS) I noticed that it said "From: Hockey Giant, Norristown PA". It would appear that Pure Hockey has also bought our Hockey Giant. Just an observation. 

Hawkeyfan, I was just at TH in Downers Grove on Tuesday and the stick inventory is almost full. It was definitely lacking for quite a while, but at the same time there was some great prices on sticks (got a Nexus 8000 for $80) since they were trying to move out the old for the new inventory. They also moved things around a bit in the store. I was looking for shoulder pads about a month ago and they had almost nothing in stock, now their protective line is loaded up.

I also found a TH in Elmhurst by accident. Really nice store, doesn't seem like many people know it is there since it isn't close to any rinks like the DG location.

On 6/7/2017 at 7:40 PM, Anjin-san said:

I just ordered a pair of CCM 50K skates from Pure Hockey. When I tracked the shipment (sent via UPS) I noticed that it said "From: Hockey Giant, Norristown PA". It would appear that Pure Hockey has also bought our Hockey Giant. Just an observation. 

If I recall correctly it's actually something to do with them sharing a distribution warehouse, or something like that. They definitely did not buy Hockey Giant. 

well the interesting side is that I shop for 2 pc sticks...AND all 3 used to have different inventory and it is reflected differently today than before the recent merge...maybe some new inventory was found...Hence why I picked up a few blades

Yeah, pure buying giant is old news now. not sure why they aren't operating under a single banner like they have integrated total now, but I rarely pay much attention to what happens on the business end of things.