Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Total Hockey Files Bankruptcy

31 minutes ago, Stewie said:

heres the original thread on it =)

Apparently I completely forgot about it since I posted in that thread multiple times. hah. I also don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, so there's that. 

7 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Apparently I completely forgot about it since I posted in that thread multiple times. hah. I also don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, so there's that. 

its not entirely difficult to forget, as to this point giants only acted as a subsidiary, whereas total is being/was totally integrated

I found it interesting that the leaflet I got in the mail about the Grand Re-Opening actually had HockeyGiant's mailing address on it. Is that the HQ?

3 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I found it interesting that the leaflet I got in the mail about the Grand Re-Opening actually had HockeyGiant's mailing address on it. Is that the HQ?

I got the same thing yesterday. That's what prompted my question. I know there is the promo to get extra points on purchases during that time (Sept. 14th-17th). I'd imagine that my Total Hockey points would roll over but not sure ha...

It will be weird driving by and not seeing "HockeyGiant" signage anymore.  My Ex-Wife and I use the Anaheim location as a pickup/dropoff spot for our kids and we just call it "Giant".  I know for sure that nickname won't change for many people around here.

You will be rolled into the level that you are currently in.  So, if you’re a Breakaway Platinum, you will be a Pure Rewards VIP.  With VIP, you get double points on each purchase.  

Your points and gift rewards will carry over too; and they won’t expire - with TH they expired in a year from issue.

The program is now free, and spend-based; so, if you sign up today, you’ll start at the base level.  A $600 spend through the year will get you to Pure Rewards Plus, which gets you 1.5 points per purchase.  If you reach $1500 in the year, you go to VIP.  For those who are Platinum right now, you’d have to hit that threshold to keep the status.

As far as the 26 sharpenings a year goes, that will not be a perk going forward. At Plus, you will gain 5 points per dollar spent on sharpening. At VIP, you will gain 10x points.  By the 5th paid sharpening, you’ll get a $10 reward. 

If you have sharpenings left on your Platinum account, they will be honored until September 2018. 

59 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Thanks. I guess this will be my last year at the Platinum/VIP level haha. On the other hand, I have more of a reason to get a Sparx unit now!

See if you can order a Sparx though PH earn them bonus points lol

Howdy,

5 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

You will be rolled into the level that you are currently in.  So, if you’re a Breakaway Platinum, you will be a Pure Rewards VIP.  With VIP, you get double points on each purchase.  

Your points and gift rewards will carry over too; and they won’t expire - with TH they expired in a year from issue.

The program is now free, and spend-based; so, if you sign up today, you’ll start at the base level.  A $600 spend through the year will get you to Pure Rewards Plus, which gets you 1.5 points per purchase.  If you reach $1500 in the year, you go to VIP.  For those who are Platinum right now, you’d have to hit that threshold to keep the status.

As far as the 26 sharpenings a year goes, that will not be a perk going forward. At Plus, you will gain 5 points per dollar spent on sharpening. At VIP, you will gain 10x points.  By the 5th paid sharpening, you’ll get a $10 reward. 

If you have sharpenings left on your Platinum account, they will be honored until September 2018. 

What's the cost of a sharpening going to be?

Mark

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

What's the cost of a sharpening going to be?

Mark

Seven dollars across the board.

Give the new program a chance, for you guys who were in it for the free sharpenings. You'll find the points add up very, very quickly.

(I'm the Assistant Manager at the Cherry Hill HG...errr, Pure Hockey).

Bondo when did they end free sharpening for life when you bought skates in store? If you still have those skates is it still free? If so, what now moving forward?

5 hours ago, SirJW said:

Bondo when did they end free sharpening for life when you bought skates in store? If you still have those skates is it still free? If so, what now moving forward?

That was ended when PH bought HockeyGiant two years ago.

Howdy,

15 hours ago, EBondo said:

Give the new program a chance, for you guys who were in it for the free sharpenings. You'll find the points add up very, very quickly.

Can you use the $10 reward (does that still happen at 300 points?) towards sharpening costs, or does it need to be for equipment?

Mark

5 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

That was ended when PH bought HockeyGiant two years ago.

Only some stores did that, also. We never had free sharpenings for Cherry Hill.

Marka, I believe it can be used towards anything. Sharpening points are accumulated differently than regular points, however. You get bonuses based off what rewards tier you're in.

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Can you use the $10 reward (does that still happen at 300 points?) towards sharpening costs, or does it need to be for equipment?

Mark

Yes. You always could. 

On 9/8/2017 at 3:13 PM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Thanks. I guess this will be my last year at the Platinum/VIP level haha. On the other hand, I have more of a reason to get a Sparx unit now!

Weren't you wanting True skates?  Do them at our Cherry Hill store once they get the scanner and you’ll maintain that status. 

On 9/10/2017 at 11:40 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

Weren't you wanting True skates?  Do them at our Cherry Hill store once they get the scanner and you’ll maintain that status. 

I do want Trues. A little out of my price range right now and my Nexuses still have some life left in them haha..

On 9/8/2017 at 9:50 PM, EBondo said:

My issue is that there has been enough turnover at the Exton, PA TH/PH store to negatively affect the quality of my sharpenings. If I'm going to start paying for them (which I have no problem doing), I need quality consistency. Hence the reason why I think of taking the plunge and going for Sparx.

On 9/8/2017 at 3:01 PM, JR Boucicaut said:

Damn. I'm gonna miss seeing Jose every other Saturday morning. I guess free skate sharpening for life was a little too good to be true.