Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sid

Compression long sleeve top help

I am currently using an Underarmour long sleeve top that has the grip in the elbows pad area but I have noticed when the shirt gets wet the grip actually becomes quite slick. Does anybody have any recommendations for I tight fitting breathable top that helps keep the elbow pads in place.

Thanks

The Shock Doctor hockey shirts, the sleeves are designed so that they roll up over the elbow pads so they can't slide down. It's by far the best base layer shirt I've used thus far, I don't even have to strap the elbow pads down tight because the shirt does such a good job keeping them in place

1 hour ago, cmflynn said:

The Shock Doctor hockey shirts, the sleeves are designed so that they roll up over the elbow pads so they can't slide down. It's by far the best base layer shirt I've used thus far, I don't even have to strap the elbow pads down tight because the shirt does such a good job keeping them in place

This. One of the nicest on the market

51 minutes ago, OptimusReim said:

Bauer. The 37.5 material is amazing.

This too!  I have one, amazing material!

I would suggest the Bauer tops as well, however in this scenario I am not sure it effectively solves the OP problem. I do find that when I wear certain elbow pads without really good latching that my elbow pads with the Bauer base layers tend to slip more often than without a base layer on. With my RBZ elbows however I don't have this issue. 

4 hours ago, Stewie said:

I would suggest the Bauer tops as well, however in this scenario I am not sure it effectively solves the OP problem. I do find that when I wear certain elbow pads without really good latching that my elbow pads with the Bauer base layers tend to slip more often than without a base layer on. With my RBZ elbows however I don't have this issue. 

Gotcha. I've actually never worn the Bauer for skating out, only for goalie. I just know they have a bunch of grip material on the elbow area so I just assumed that would be sufficient. 

I dont know know why they don't make a 37.5 short sleeve, though if I ever skate out again I'll likely just wear the long sleeve anyway. With that fabric, the more skin that is covered the cooler you feel.

2 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

Gotcha. I've actually never worn the Bauer for skating out, only for goalie. I just know they have a bunch of grip material on the elbow area so I just assumed that would be sufficient. 

I dont know know why they don't make a 37.5 short sleeve, though if I ever skate out again I'll likely just wear the long sleeve anyway. With that fabric, the more skin that is covered the cooler you feel.

the workout shirts are 37.5 material. its not the same necessarily as the base layers, but they work very good for me inline, plus at the gym, doing yard work etc, and they are only 20 bucks on clearance right now.

As for the tacky material, they have some on the long sleeves, but i am not sure if its enough or not. When i use my fit 05 elbows, they dont stay in place very well, almost slides off more than it does on the bare arm, but thats a elbow pad that isnt very good at clamping down to begin with, so i guess it really has to do with what the OP uses for bows, and why hes having issues with them staying in place. Just letting him know my observations.

I had bought one of those shirts but found them to be ridiculously long. Obviously not an issue if I'm buying them a size too small so its tight, and tucking it into my jock shorts anyway (as I always to with my shirts to keep them from riding up). I hadn't even thought of using them for base layer... that's a good idea. We'll see if I ever skate out again... 

I wasn't in the market but after reading this the other day I looked into the Shock Doctor shirt (since I'm always fidgeting with my elbow pads I thought their concept sounded pretty sweet).  So thanks to you guys I went ahead and bought one from Hockey Monkey on sale for $38 (plus 25% off on top of that with a code), so if anyone is looking for one go check them out.  Thanks to you guys for helping me buy more gear I didn't realllly need but sort of wanted anyways :-)

I've used the shock doctor and 37.5 training shirt, and I found that the shock doctor feels cooler. I've also never really noticed the 37.5 stuff to be much dryer after games either, though it does work unbelievably at the gym and working out. My guess is that even though the 37.5 evaporates sweat faster, it doesn't have anywhere to go because of the equipment and just soaks back into the material.

On 7/9/2016 at 11:39 AM, cmflynn said:

I was looking at picking up one of the Shock Doctor shirts.  Trying to decide between large and xl.  How is the fit on yours?