Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Roy takes his whistle and goes home

Honestly, as much as it sucks to say, I think it was the right move for everyone involved. I wish he'd just stepped down as coach and stayed with the organization in some capacity.

The next question is who is the new head coach? Sakic already confirmed they will not be promoting from within the coaching staff. 

Ironically, the only big name coach I can think of still without a job is Bob Hartley.

It was absolutely the right thing for the Avs. Maybe now they will bring in someone who has an inkling that a team also has to play defense. A ball of silly putty has more structure than a Patrick Roy coached team.

I hope. Our defense looks a lot better now without Holden, Guenin or Redmond. Nowhere near the top end of the league, but I truly believe they should be better than they've played. Only time will tell.

Bednar....no idea who that is.  44 y/o coach of the Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) out of the Columbus system.  GO AVS!