Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

CCM Ribcor Trigger ASY

Received the go-ahead from CCM to post on the stick.

It still continues the Ribcor trademark of having visual technology, but what has been changed from the Reckoner is the layup; it features a new flex profile that has been tweaked for quicker release,

The blade structure is also new; weight reduction and improved puck feel.  

2016CCM_TriggerHS_LockdownLift_SocialMedia_Instagram_R2_2.jpg

2016CCM_TriggerHS_LockdownLift_SocialMedia_Instagram_R2_1.jpg

2016CCM_TriggerHS_LockdownLift_SocialMedia_Twitter_R2_3.jpg

2016CCM_TriggerHS_LockdownLift_SocialMedia_Twitter_R2_2.jpg

2016CCM_TriggerHS_LockdownLift_SocialMedia_Twitter_R2_1.jpg

2016CCM_TriggerHS_LockdownLift_SocialMedia_Instagram_R2_3.jpg

• Like 3

Can anyone explain the new flex profile? I'm a little confused. How did CCM change the flex profile if it still has a low kick and still features the same Pop Matrix technology seen in the Reckoner which I'm assuming is the key contributor to the low kick profile in the first place. Is the restructuring of the carbon fiber layup in the lower portion of the stick considered the "new flex profile"? Based on what some of the retailing websites have, the ASY-1 Profile is just a more optimized version of the Reckoner? Please help for clarification!! Thanks guys

16 hours ago, PBardington3 said:

Can anyone explain the new flex profile?

The best way to think about the new flex profile is not so much about where the flex point is, or whether the pop-matrix channel is different, but how the stick actually bends. To rephrase, the focus on this product was to makes sure each sidewall is as efficient as possible, as in, a LH front sidewall should have different requirements of it compared to it's back sidewall, and conversely, the sidewalls of a RH shaft would be reversed relative to the LH shaft. It's got the ASY in the name to indicate that the flex profile of the sidewalls of the shaft are Asymmetrical, and that is what I'm referring too.  The end result is a product that is easier to load, but also pops back faster too.

TLDR: New flex profile makes the stick easier to load, but with more pop as a result of optimizing the shaft construction...

Edit: Stick is still Low-kick, with Pop-matrix technology, the addition of ASY-1 does not remove any features...

Edited by R1X3
didn't fully answer the post's questions
  • Like 1

Sorry for resurrecting this, but search did not turn up more recent posts for me.

Looking for any comments related to the flex of this stick playing stiffer or softer than normal?  Looking at intermediate flexes.

10 hours ago, kovalchuk71 said:

I've found that it feels stiffer than the Reckoner did. 

Unfortunately I never used the Reckoner, so I am going off my experience with other brands.