Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tburns517

Need Opinion on Used Goalie Gear

Hello everyone. I was recently asked to play goalie for a novice league (since I can't skate out). I have been looking up some used gear online, and found what I think is a pretty good deal.

He is asking $400 for everything. He said the helmet was used once and he paid $400, the skates fit a 9.5 shoe, and he "thinks" the pads are 33". Due to the lack of detail I have asked for more pictures other than what he has provided. Overall, what do you guys think of this deal? Obviously it is hard to tell without seeing it in person, which I am going to do this weekend. What should I typically be looking for when it comes to used goalie gear? I appreciate your help in advance.

ev6zwo.jpg

300d01k.jpg

52gema.jpg

2itqyqf.jpg

34pgrdd.jpg

331j3ar.jpg

30c9fo6.jpg

281djb8.jpg

I think you'd be okay in a low division. I can't tell what Bauer mask that is, but based on the blue insides it looks like an NME8. If so, yes the mask is a $400 mask. So I'd say even if just the mask, chest and pants fit you're still ahead. If the skates or pads don't work for you, you can always re-sell. You wouldn't get much for them but I think getting anything for them would be a bonus. The glove and blocker are pretty beat up but still usable for sure. 

I'd do it if that mask is indeed an NME8. If its an NME5 (I don't think it is, again based on the padding) or NME3 then I'd pass. 

Edit: if that IS an NME8, and you decide to pass on the full kit, see if he'd sell just the mask.