Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
enis750

CCM QLT (QuickLite) 290 Pants

Height - 6'1"

Weight - 210 lbs

Pant size - Large

Level of play: Rec Hockey Div. "B" and Pick UP (2-3 times a week)

Fit (& Mobility) -I have previously reviewed the RBZ 130 and Tacks 6052 Pants, after searching and searching for a pant that fit me right. I think I found them this year. Although those pants were good (the 6052 better than RBZ) the fit of these is a lot better for my build. I'm a "fit" guy who lifts 4-5 days a week on top of my 2-3 skates per week. These claim to have a more tapered fit, but not tight at all. I'd say these fit just a tad more snug than a Nexus line pant and not near as fit as a Vapor Pant for sure (maybe in between the two). These required maybe only 2 skates to break in, but not overly stiff brand new. They hug my body perfectly and open up in the legs and allow some great overall mobility in them. At my height, I didn't even need to open up the 1" waist zipper to add the length, they fit perfectly as is. I am not sure if the fit is causing them to feel longer, or if they actually are longer than the RBZ or 6052, as needed to open both of those up the additional 1".  10/10

Protection - I tried on the top end Ultra Tacks last year and felt they offered too much protection. They felt really heavy and bulky for me. The top of the line QLT's didnt seem to be AS bulky at all and light. WOW. But I play beer league and didn't feel the need to spend the dough on top end pants. I usually lean towards one down from the top on most of my gear. The pro 4000 Nylon is super light and doesn't much water, keeping you feeling light the entire skate. These have molded PE in the kidney, tailbone and thigh guards and do the job they are supposed to. Ive fallen/been tripped and taken a few shots and they held up great.  10/10

Weight - First off, the Top End QLT's are RIDICULOUSLY light, I can't even believe it. That being said, these 290's feel very close. I love having pants that are light & don't retain water, but Im sure you all do! I skated at 9pm, came home, hung them up to dry and the next am they were bone dry. IMO these pants are the lightest on the market and there's no comparison. 10/10

Durability - Two months into wearing these they still look brand new to me. No stitching coming loose, nothing tearing and the embroidered logo on the front of the leg & waist band is still in tact. I feel that a long term review on this part would better suit this review, so my score is somewhat skewed IMO. So far so god tho. 10/10

Conclusion - I owned an old pair of CCM's before these and they lasted a very long time (sorry can't remember what model they were). I am seeing more and more CCM pants being used locally, and now I see why. I think these are a much better fit FOR ME, than the RBZ 130 or Tacks 6052. The most important thing was the fit, length and tail bone protection. For $149 these pants are a great deal IMO. They offer everything I needed and more. For you taller guys who need the length, the added 1" zipper adjustment is perfect and these do the job. I loved these pants so much, I bought two pairs. One navy for our League B team and a black set for our pick up games.  Overall, these pants get a perfect score from me. 40/40

Edited by enis750