Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Kgbeast

Team USA vs Team Europe

This was some game. Team Europe handed Team USA it ass. 3:0 and not for the lack of trying on part of USA. Team Europe was able to defend against Team USA quite effectively. Although Europe goalie Halak have not seeing a ridiculous amount of rubber, the 11 power play shots sent his way, we're successfully intercepted. Quick had a pretty good game, and all 3 pucks that he was unable to stop, were a result of exceptional plays put together by European team and were pretty much unstopable.  I did sense a hint of team USA playing with a lot less heart than when they played Canada. So to me it was not just a case of team Europe stepping up their game, but also the case of team USA stepping theirs down. Team Europe, a team previously thought to be sub-par, has definitely shown that they can puck with the best of them.

Winning in 2016 requires playing the transition,  speed, and skill game- why Kessel, TyJo, Ryan, Shattenkirk, and Faulk were left off the team for some of the dolts on the current roster makes no sense to me. Not to mention Tortorella's style and system is about 10 years obsolete.

This one is on USA Hockey. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

Winning in 2016 requires playing the transition,  speed, and skill game- why Kessel, TyJo, Ryan, Shattenkirk, and Faulk were left off the team for some of the dolts on the current roster makes no sense to me. Not to mention Tortorella's style and system is about 10 years obsolete.

Even more true after watching the NA vs Finland game, NA playing with out and out pace with transitions happening immediately at flat out speed and a huge dollop of skill. Brings to mind a conversation I had with a pro inline player a few years ago when he told me he was retiring from the game at the age of 26, his comment as to why was because all these young bucks at the ages of 16 and younger were starting to skate rings around him. The game is a changing.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, Cavs019 said:

I think this loss on the players for sure. I mean look at that play by Kane where we went all the way around the net then out to the blue line and lost it for that 2 on 0. That pretty much set the pace for the game. Team EU totally trapped the US in the neutral zone and the US never adjusted. The US was making passes to guys who were standing still at the blue line instead of trying to transition into the zone. Then when they did try to get around the trap by dumping and chasing, they would lose the puck battle. It was quite frustrating to watch.

1 hour ago, Bakum said:

I think this loss on the players for sure. I mean look at that play by Kane where we went all the way around the net then out to the blue line and lost it for that 2 on 0. That pretty much set the pace for the game. Team EU totally trapped the US in the neutral zone and the US never adjusted. The US was making passes to guys who were standing still at the blue line instead of trying to transition into the zone. Then when they did try to get around the trap by dumping and chasing, they would lose the puck battle. It was quite frustrating to watch.

I had the same feeling watching Russia vs. Sweden last night. Russia just could not keep tge puck in the offensive zone to save their life.  We'll see how they go against NA tonight.

24 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

I had the same feeling watching Russia vs. Sweden last night. Russia just could not keep tge puck in the offensive zone to save their life.  We'll see how they go against NA tonight.

I was unable to watch that Russia/Sweden game unfortunately but I saw that Ovi almost tied it up in the final seconds. I like NA chances of getting out of group play.

Also, if Team EU beats the Czech's this afternoon, the US may be dead in the water.

2 hours ago, Bakum said:

I was unable to watch that Russia/Sweden game unfortunately but I saw that Ovi almost tied it up in the final seconds. I like NA chances of getting out of group play.

Also, if Team EU beats the Czech's this afternoon, the US may be dead in the water.

Yes, Ove put two pucks in the Sweds net in the last 5 minutes of the game after Russia pulled their goalie out. One thing Russian team is good for is in the unusual match ups such as 6 on 5 or 3on3 OT. Last night when they got extra guy in, Sweds could not get any handle on puck even just for the purpose of throwing it out of their zone. Ove got his usual spot shot in as well as he gloved another puck in which was waived as no goal. He also put quite a bit of hurt through his signature hits which were quite entertaining to watch. It was a good physical and fast game, Sweds just had their chit together in a more effective way. Both teams showed very good defensive skills. You should check this game out if you get a chance.