Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Bakum

Team Russia vs. Team NA

This game last night was by far the most exciting I have seen in the tournament. NA went up early and was dominating but then let up 4 unanswered to Russia. One of them was kind of a flukey goal off the corner boards but that's how the game goes sometimes. NA battled back to make it 4-3 and it was intense all the way up until the final seconds. Gostisbhere almost tied it up with :05 left by crushing the post with a point shot. Catch this game on replay if you missed it. If not the whole game, definitely watch the 3rd period.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'm at the point where I don't even care who wins; but it will be team NA that I'll be watching. 

Well when USA forgot how hockey works on Saturday, I was quite frustrated. Then team EU stuck it to them by basically eliminating them before they even got to play their 2nd game.

5 hours ago, Bakum said:

This game last night was by far the most exciting I have seen in the tournament. NA went up early and was dominating but then let up 4 unanswered to Russia. One of them was kind of a flukey goal off the corner boards but that's how the game goes sometimes. NA battled back to make it 4-3 and it was intense all the way up until the final seconds. Gostisbhere almost tied it up with :05 left by crushing the post with a point shot. Catch this game on replay if you missed it. If not the whole game, definitely watch the 3rd period.

... and how about that Bob? If you are goalie, you should go to the town he lives in and try some of that water he drinks :). Team Russia still in the game just because of him. It almost seems they gave up on defending their zone and just assuming that he will take care of it.  Best goalie of the tournament this far. This also was the first game when Datsyuk brought back some good memories as well.

Team NA had their first real stressful situation. I could see the frustration and the scatter. But they got back together towards the end. I do not think Matt Murray did bad job. 3 out of 4 goals were pretty tough, I doubt Gibson would have done better against those, but Murray got a bit unglued after the second pucks and, emotionally, was a hot mess after the 4th goal. it was a good call to get him replaced and give him a break. If it was an exhibition game, I would have left him in there to cook some more, but NA had a good chance to retake the game, so It was a good call. I was a bit surprised that NA could not capitalize in 6 on 4 shooting gallery at the end. I think the emotions and frustration got back to them after Bobrovsky shut down few good looking shots and the fact that they could see time slipping away. I strongly believe that after this experience, team NA will be better for it and we will see the next level of their game next time around. 

14 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Nice pics, Gordon!  

Was thinking about you the other day - hope all's well!

Hey JR, its been a while. I hope your thinking something good about me ?

I can't really say everything is good with me, but I will say one thing that absolutely made my year. The Leafs winning the Auston Matthews sweepstakes. Its funny, they did a story about last years and this years lottery sweepstakes. When it came down to the last ball being pulled in both years, Toronto had the best odds of winning the Conner McDavid sweepstakes. I think given the combinations, Toronto had a 4 out 11 chance, while Edmonton had 1 out 11 chance.  This year it was the opposite with the Oilers with the best chance of winning the Conner McDavid sweepstakes based on only 1 last ball left. Toronto had the worst odds. I was very fearful the Leafs were going to get the short straw again.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs-were-one-number-away-from-getting-connor-mcdavid-at-nhl-draft-lottery/

http://www.tsn.ca/how-the-maple-leafs-won-the-draft-lottery-1.481476

Edited by fastmiele

I wish I had this line up on my team. Parayko is big and has a booming shot. Gostisbehere is speedy and moves the puck up quick. Matthews has tremendous puck handling and control, McDavid is so fast and skilled. I hate to say but Eichel is the weak link..........sigh.

I wish I had these problems.

group.JPG