Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Kgbeast

Team Russia fills up the last slot in WCPH semifinals

They came out today a different team. A day and night defensive effort and a much better offensive coordination. They had to win this game and they have their 3:0 road to the final spot in semifinals. Unfortunatelly, this means that young Team NA going to have to step down and hang it up this time around.

For team Russia, their next game will be a face off with the toughest opponent in this tournament Team Canada. If Russia continue to play in the same way as today they will have a good shot at this Cup. We shall see, if anything, it should be pretty interesting.

Edited by Kgbeast

That young North American team displayed some of the best hockey I've seen in my life, they had flashes of the 80s Oilers and flashes of the supremely skilled Soviet teams before the collapse of communist Russia. It's sad to see them go. Fortunately it seems like the Russians realized that the World Cup tournament isn't some 82 regular season grind like the NHL, it's a tournament of skill, speed and great hockey sense. I will be at the game on Saturday and I hope it's going to be an all out skill battle, if the kids can play like that I'm sure the Canadians and Russians can. 

This is is gonna be an interesting game.

8 hours ago, masterpeice_patrice said:

That young North American team displayed some of the best hockey I've seen in my life, they had flashes of the 80s Oilers and flashes of the supremely skilled Soviet teams before the collapse of communist Russia. It's sad to see them go. Fortunately it seems like the Russians realized that the World Cup tournament isn't some 82 regular season grind like the NHL, it's a tournament of skill, speed and great hockey sense. I will be at the game on Saturday and I hope it's going to be an all out skill battle, if the kids can play like that I'm sure the Canadians and Russians can. 

This is is gonna be an interesting game.

I completely agree. The NA played well enough to Advance but that's just how the tournament goes. Honestly, I am less excited to watch the remaining 4 teams. All 3 of the NA games were amazing to watch. Especially their 3rd game against Sweden in that OT thriller.

I think the final ends up Canada vs Sweden and I anticipate it to be close.

Well that went about as expected. Russia tried their best and took a lead but Canada finally turned it up and then it was lights out. 

Russia played decently in the tournament but they're just still no match for Canada.

... one thing I will miss for sure is to see Bobrovsky  in front of the net. After this tournament, to me, he is the #1 goalie today. In a way,  I am glad that team Russia had zero defense, it let Bobrovsky shine. Sorry see you go Bob, will see you in October!