Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

masterpeice_patrice

Johnny Gaudreau's 55 flex stick..

Buying pro-return sticks are known to be cat in the bag as far as specs go. I believe Ove has multiple flex sticks in the game rack. Perhaps Johnny has as well. On the other hand it is pro-return stick... maybe this is why he returned it?

prostockhockey dot com has two Gaudreau sticks one 70 flex, and one 65 flex.  Defiantly him trying different flexes to get the right one.  If only I where so lucky to be able to do the same...

On 1/29/2017 at 1:55 PM, strosedefence34 said:

prostockhockey dot com has two Gaudreau sticks one 70 flex, and one 65 flex.  Defiantly him trying different flexes to get the right one.  If only I where so lucky to be able to do the same...

Should I pick up a 65 and see what it's all about?  I've been debating giving Warrior a shot anyway and I'm almost out of my Graf sticks.

On 1/29/2017 at 1:55 PM, strosedefence34 said:

Or they're SMU just like most of the sticks they get from warrior pros. They had "pavelski" sticks in three different flexes.

not saying pros don't go up and down in flex, they most certainly do, but that particular retailer also has product mass produced in varying pro specs.

6 hours ago, Solo_man11 said:

Does johnny use a qrl stick with it dressed up as a hd1? What would be the reason he does that it it's true?

not sure if its true, i did see some photos of him with a hd1. Potentially one reason he could use a dressed QRL stick is maybe for ease when it comes to brand recognition by being able to use a retail colorway on the stick, which still matches somewhat with game jersey.

On 1/31/2017 at 6:10 PM, Solo_man11 said:

Does johnny use a qrl stick with it dressed up as a hd1? What would be the reason he does that it it's true?

The HD1 my buddy has of Gaudreau is a T3QR which is a QR1. It's also 3k weave which can still be a QRL but not this one

Just received the sticks.  First time buying Warrior, so I don't know anything about it as far as whether it's SMU or prostock.  Nice balance. Don't know if there's anything to indicate it's a QRL dressed as a Dynasty like advertised.  I'll mess around with it at practice today.

9a4suw.jpg

o7u2zb.jpg

waqbed.jpg

14w6mgh.jpg

23wa4iw.jpg

1 hour ago, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

Just received the sticks.  First time buying Warrior, so I don't know anything about it as far as whether it's SMU or prostock.  Nice balance. Don't know if there's anything to indicate it's a QRL dressed as a Dynasty like advertised.  I'll mess around with it at practice today.

Nice stick, if you flex the stick, HD1 is mid kick and qrl is low kick.

On 3/20/2017 at 1:33 PM, crow93 said:

@MyBoxersSayJoe How does the lie compare to a retail model? Thinking of picking up a 55 flex.

I've never used a Warrior stick before, so I couldn't compare for you.  I bought two 65's when those were for sale.  One of them got stolen, but I like the feel of it.  A little more blade heavy than what I'm used to, but good response and having a stick I can actually flex in gameplay helps.  I think there are still 70 flex versions on there as well.  I bought a 55 last week, but haven't had a chance to use it.  Exactly the same as the 65 as far as dimensions.  I won't be able to play with it until Sunday at the earliest, so I won't be able to give any feedback on whether it feels like a noodle or not.  I've always been a Bauer P88 user, so the blade works fine for me.  I'm 5'7" and cut about 2 inches off of the Gaudreau pro stock sticks.

1 hour ago, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

I've never used a Warrior stick before, so I couldn't compare for you.  I bought two 65's when those were for sale.  One of them got stolen, but I like the feel of it.  A little more blade heavy than what I'm used to, but good response and having a stick I can actually flex in gameplay helps.  I think there are still 70 flex versions on there as well.  I bought a 55 last week, but haven't had a chance to use it.  Exactly the same as the 65 as far as dimensions.  I won't be able to play with it until Sunday at the earliest, so I won't be able to give any feedback on whether it feels like a noodle or not.  I've always been a Bauer P88 user, so the blade works fine for me.  I'm 5'7" and cut about 2 inches off of the Gaudreau pro stock sticks.

Awesome, can't wait to get your thoughts on the 55! I'm 5'7 as well, using Warrior W88 and CCM P40. I use a 70 and 65 flex, but I'm looking to go down to see how it affects accuracy. Not too worried about breaking a 55 since I don't take slapshots and I don't flex the stick a ton when I shoot. Sorry to hear one got stolen from you :unsure:

4 minutes ago, crow93 said:

Awesome, can't wait to get your thoughts on the 55! I'm 5'7 as well, using Warrior W88 and CCM P40. I use a 70 and 65 flex, but I'm looking to go down to see how it affects accuracy. Not too worried about breaking a 55 since I don't take slapshots and I don't flex the stick a ton when I shoot. Sorry to hear one got stolen from you :unsure:

The funny thing is, I've found myself taking slapshots in-game with the 65 because I don't have to make a concentrated effort to load the stick, no big wind-up.  I scored from the point on a powerplay with a slapshot two weeks ago and I never do that.  I've always been a strictly wristshot guy.  It definitely takes an adjustment from senior sticks.  The most disheartening thing about having a stick swiped like this, was that it was out of stock when I went to order another one.

10 minutes ago, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

The funny thing is, I've found myself taking slapshots in-game with the 65 because I don't have to make a concentrated effort to load the stick, no big wind-up.  I scored from the point on a powerplay with a slapshot two weeks ago and I never do that.  I've always been a strictly wristshot guy.  It definitely takes an adjustment from senior sticks.  The most disheartening thing about having a stick swiped like this, was that it was out of stock when I went to order another one.

Hmmm, maybe I'll have to give it a try on the 55 then if I get one. I think part of me was just irrationally afraid the puck would hit another girl in the face. Though strangely I preferred hitting people to scoring.

56 minutes ago, LilSchro said:

I'd love to try one. It looks like perfect spec for me. Is there a Canadian site that sells them?

It says they ship to Canada, however you may be "subject to additional brokerage fees and taxes calculated at checkout." 

I've played two scrimmages with the 55 so far.  I'm still kind of adjusting my mechanics to the stick itself as far as shooting. Some shots I load and follow through correctly and seem pretty zippy.  Some I flub.  Passing is great, both giving and receiving, you don't notice it flexing. The stick doesn't feel like a noodle at all.  I'd have to say, between the 55 and 65, I'd probably side with the 65 at this point, since that's more in line with my body weight and height. I'm guessing there probably won't be more 65's because it seems like those were a test run if Johnny's actually playing with the 55's now.

I got the 70 flex of his from prostockhockey. Cut it a few inches and it ended up feeling weirdly stiff. Nice stick but I put it on sidelineswap. Back to the 1s. 

20 hours ago, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

I've played two scrimmages with the 55 so far.  I'm still kind of adjusting my mechanics to the stick itself as far as shooting. Some shots I load and follow through correctly and seem pretty zippy.  Some I flub.  Passing is great, both giving and receiving, you don't notice it flexing. The stick doesn't feel like a noodle at all.  I'd have to say, between the 55 and 65, I'd probably side with the 65 at this point, since that's more in line with my body weight and height. I'm guessing there probably won't be more 65's because it seems like those were a test run if Johnny's actually playing with the 55's now.

How's the blade? Pingy at all?

I'm curious about the Gaudreau stick from PSH, but never been a fan of pingy blades. Does the QRL have a soft blade? Similar to One95 or Tacks?

On 4/1/2017 at 9:05 AM, six501 said:

I got the 70 flex of his from prostockhockey. Cut it a few inches and it ended up feeling weirdly stiff. Nice stick but I put it on sidelineswap. Back to the 1s. 

Completely different flex profile from the 1s.  The QRL is a low-kick stick, compare it to the Vapor line if you're using Bauers.

On 4/1/2017 at 1:35 PM, IMC said:

How's the blade? Pingy at all?

I'm curious about the Gaudreau stick from PSH, but never been a fan of pingy blades. Does the QRL have a soft blade? Similar to One95 or Tacks?

I don't think it's pingy, but with the tape and wax I use, that's usually not a problem.  The only stick I've ever used that I found to be pingy was the Easton Stealth RS.  I've mostly been a Nexus 1000 user for the past few years.  Lately I've been trying out whatever I can find that's a senior-sized stick with a 65 flex profile.  I've been using the Graf sticks before giving these Warriors a shot.

I've played a bit with the 55 now.  I feel like the 65 flex is probably best for me.  Unfortunately, I can't find any more of them.  Does anyone know if I could order a batch of the 65 from Warrior if I have the ID number on the hologram on the bottom of the shaft?