Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

masterpeice_patrice

Johnny Gaudreau's 55 flex stick..

13 hours ago, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

I've played a bit with the 55 now.  I feel like the 65 flex is probably best for me.  Unfortunately, I can't find any more of them.  Does anyone know if I could order a batch of the 65 from Warrior if I have the ID number on the hologram on the bottom of the shaft?

May not hurt to call and ask, but they also offer 65 flex on the stick customizer. Any plans for the 55? ;)

14 hours ago, crow93 said:

May not hurt to call and ask, but they also offer 65 flex on the stick customizer. Any plans for the 55? ;)

I'll be using them, I've bought way too many sticks this past year that I just need to suck it up and use.  I like the 55's a lot, but I like the 65's slightly better.  My only question is, then, are the Gaudreau 65 flex sticks basically just the intermediates?  Or do they have different dimensions?

On 4/2/2017 at 3:39 PM, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

Completely different flex profile from the 1s.  The QRL is a low-kick stick, compare it to the Vapor line if you're using Bauers.

I don't think it's pingy, but with the tape and wax I use, that's usually not a problem.  The only stick I've ever used that I found to be pingy was the Easton Stealth RS.  I've mostly been a Nexus 1000 user for the past few years.  Lately I've been trying out whatever I can find that's a senior-sized stick with a 65 flex profile.  I've been using the Graf sticks before giving these Warriors a shot.

Sherwood would fit the bill then as well. Rekker and BPM lines in 65 flex senior versions. Heard good things about the EK60.

36 minutes ago, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

I'll be using them, I've bought way too many sticks this past year that I just need to suck it up and use.  I like the 55's a lot, but I like the 65's slightly better.  My only question is, then, are the Gaudreau 65 flex sticks basically just the intermediates?  Or do they have different dimensions?

Warrior's website says that senior shafts are 6.5% larger than intermediates, however they are custom sticks so maybe not.

On 4/19/2017 at 1:52 AM, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

I've played a bit with the 55 now.  I feel like the 65 flex is probably best for me.  Unfortunately, I can't find any more of them.  Does anyone know if I could order a batch of the 65 from Warrior if I have the ID number on the hologram on the bottom of the shaft?

I second the Sherwood Rekker EK60, 65 flex. Stick feels amazingly responsive for me, great kick point, great puck feel, stick maneuverability is unmatched. Switched from a Warrior Covert DT1 75 flex. I'm 5'9" 160 lbs

5 hours ago, crow93 said:

Hey @MyBoxersSayJoe item number 112380289435 on eBay is a 65 Gaudreau stick in case you were still looking.

Thanks for looking out!  For being used "once" it looks a bit beaten up for a stick and puck session.  I'll keep my eye on it.