Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Do you think the Bauer Vapor stick line is getting better or worse?

For all those who have used Bauer Vapor sticks do you think they are getting better or worse? What do you think was the best between the x;60, APX, APX2, 1X?

Intelli-sense dual kick point vs QRT. Seems like some aren't so high on all the latest and greatest while others swear by the newest stuff. 

Sure, new content to read is GREAT but when someone fills multiple sites with threads about whatever his/her feeling are that day it gets old very fast and clogs up the search function. I'll just leave it at that, as I'm not answering the original post.....

I have used the XXX, XXX Lite, XXXX, X:60, APX, APX2, 1X and 2016 1X. To me they have been generally trending better with a couple exceptions. The XXX Lite was an amazing stick, but when factoring in durability, it wasn't the best. For me, the 2016 1X is the best stick I have ever used and I have used a ton of makes and models.

4 hours ago, icewalker_bg said:

The XXX lite was so blade heavym hated that stick. New 1X all the way. 

Whaaat?  U sure about that? Because i remember the XXX lite as very blade light, and lighter than Vapor XXXX...

Worse. Lighter but they seem to be weak twigs. I watch people snap them all the time. This is why I switched to True and others. No point in giving the Bauer war machine anymore of my money.

21 hours ago, icewalker_bg said:

Positive. XXX lite drury 77 flex. 

Perhaps the euro version was a bit different allready back then. 

I know the sticks are different now, due to european warraty rules (added layers for durability) which make the balance a bit different, 

1 hour ago, swede said:

Perhaps the euro version was a bit different allready back then. 

I know the sticks are different now, due to european warraty rules (added layers for durability) which make the balance a bit different, 

Haven't kept up with current Bauer models, but is there an European version other than the "SE" versions of top-of-the-line sticks? So an European X700 for example compared to an American?

19 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

This site should get with the times and create a CHAT feature, so people could CHAT about their impulsive gear thoughts. 

Chat feature is available, but when you have an impulsive thought, there is usually not many to talk about it with at that time :) as you'd usually dream up topics like this in the morning or late at night when most people have other things to do. 

3 hours ago, gosinger said:

Haven't kept up with current Bauer models, but is there an European version other than the "SE" versions of top-of-the-line sticks? So an European X700 for example compared to an American?

All names/sticks are the same, but sticks made for the european market is a bit different.. All sticks come with 30-day warranty, but it only covers manufacturing defects... Therefore "european" sticks are made with one or a few extra layers.. 

Then there are "Old" Top of the line sticks re-painted and re-named, Supreme TE-4, Vapor X-TE both sold at a low-mid pricepoint.. Theese can be retail and pro stock. Kinda like old Inno Maniac's..

i feel like this is a case of relative differences. I think as a whole sticks today are better than sticks of the past, but the incremental improvements for each generation is relatively less than the previous, and therefore the impact on our perceptions is less to the point we actually think modern sticks are worse. 

once in a while i grab one of my old sticks to play around with, and i remember why i bought a newer stick.