Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miseaujeu

Covert Throwback Collection - Limited Release

Our Covert Throwback Collection launches next Friday October 28.  Wanted to start a thread to release some information and answer questions from the group regarding this very limited launch.

Take a look at my first blog post explaining how our product team came up with the idea and how 10 years of Warrior helped build this line.

bit.ly/QRLTC16

simple curiosity I have, but is there a reason behind why it seems warrior tends to skip their 3rd tier for SE models? I realize it was kind of built in to the original QR line with the white colorway, just seems to me going 1 3 5 vs 1 4 5 would increase options for people that are interested in the SE colorways but typically use mid tier sticks.

4 hours ago, Stewie said:

simple curiosity I have, but is there a reason behind why it seems warrior tends to skip their 3rd tier for SE models? I realize it was kind of built in to the original QR line with the white colorway, just seems to me going 1 3 5 vs 1 4 5 would increase options for people that are interested in the SE colorways but typically use mid tier sticks.

The #3 price point is weak.  It usually gets eroded by a high-end, prior year, closeout getting marked down to that price level.

The #4 price point is very strong.  These are the factors that influence these decisions...not just for Warrior but for other companies.

2 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

I remember wanting a Mac Daddy for the longest time back as a Bantam...

Are there any plans to reintroduce the Starskie graphics? THAT I would buy.

No plans for that red/white stick at this time.  Can't use that name - for reasons you can probably guess.

9 minutes ago, Miseaujeu said:

No plans for that red/white stick at this time.  Can't use that name - for reasons you can probably guess.

Ha, I love the Starskies. I remember the ones I got were marked as Inno 1100s on the inside.

Where to I send my money for the Gretzky QX/Phantom/Alpha gloves?

12 minutes ago, Miseaujeu said:

The #3 price point is weak.  It usually gets eroded by a high-end, prior year, closeout getting marked down to that price level.

The #4 price point is very strong.  These are the factors that influence these decisions...not just for Warrior but for other companies.

I see. didn't know if that would factor in with such a limited run special edition model with a nostalgic graphics pattern, but i understand the reasoning. I was really impressed by the QR4, ill have to check out the QRL4 next time I'm in a shop.

what about calling it the striped tomato (which is what I recall Hutch calling Startsky's car).

I understand the pricepoint issue, What does Warrior do to educate the consumer between the models? 
The HD3 has roots in the AK-27 line was 475 grams and made of Carbon Elite Construction.

The HD4 falls back to the Bandito line was 500 grams I see the old catalog shows the stick and shaft model being Carbon Elite Construction

I felt there was a signifigant difference between the weight of the two.  475 to 450 is the target weight I look for on sticks (Light and durable).

So  I am leary of going to 4 line and above.  My boy plays D, but he has even mentioned that some sticks feel too heavy for him.

Here is an odd note I am noticing with Warrior Sticks for 2016

1. Dynasty line has the W03 Henrique with Warrior code 224/225
  2. Covert line has the W03 Backstrom with Warrior code 694/695

So these have to be different, but how and why?  I know some years back Warrior had a Toews model that was similar to the Draper...

On October 21, 2016 at 5:45 PM, hawkeyfan said:

Here is an odd note I am noticing with Warrior Sticks for 2016

1. Dynasty line has the W03 Henrique with Warrior code 224/225
  2. Covert line has the W03 Backstrom with Warrior code 694/695

So these have to be different, but how and why?  I know some years back Warrior had a Toews model that was similar to the Draper...

Pattern player names change due to contract expiration/changes with players.  What we keep constant is the W## pattern marker.  W03 Draper, Toews, Kopitar, Henrique, Backstrom are all the same curve.  When a player name change occurs, we need to change our internal pattern sku number marker (225/695 etc.).

On October 21, 2016 at 4:06 PM, hawkeyfan said:

I understand the pricepoint issue, What does Warrior do to educate the consumer between the models? 

So  I am leary of going to 4 line and above.  My boy plays D, but he has even mentioned that some sticks feel too heavy for him.

We started naming our various grades of carbon packages.  Minimus Carbon 1000 is our top line carbon package.  It is featured on our product made in our factory in North America and the pre-preg is sourced and purchased from our suppliers in the USA.  The same suppliers that produce for aeronautics and aerospace.  the varying degrees from there are Min.Carbon 800, 600. 

The Dolomite (QRL4) uses Minimus carbon.  Outside the grade scale.  The QRL3 uses Min.Carbon 600 which has a higher carbon content and less fiberglass.  

The feel difference is minimal, for most, but what should be said is that the manufacturing process for both (True1) makes for a great feeling stick.  The balance on these sticks are far better than the product you referred to from our past (Bandito/AK).  In fact, the feel and weight on the QRL4/Dolomite 2016 is better than the AK from 2012.  Carbon and manufacturing has come a long way in the last 5 years.

Awesome to know...thanks.

His AK's where awesome and felt like nothing else I had found prior.  When he was a mite.  The People At Total though I was a loon walking and and start measureing stick weight.  Back then Warrior was not on our radar as it was not easy understanding the differences between the lines (one30, one40, one 50) is a little easier to IDentify while in a store.  But we went forward the following year with a 2nd gen AK, then followed by a 3rd gen AK.  Then Switching to a couple of Dynastys and then Covert.  The Dynastys (55 & 70) are the stiffest feeling of all of his old sticks and probably the biggest dissapointment of the bunch, but he is sold on Warrior sticks.  I've handed him newer CCM and such and he refuses to give them a try.  But we are now onto a Sr 75 Dynasty AX1 as he has really outgrown the intermediate Stick Legnth.

1st weekend with a new stick (He plays as an offensive defensemen) 3 goals and a handful of assists.

Warrior in the past had done alot to explain their design features when you look at the catalogs in like 2011, but then things evolved and that information seemed to become less in the years following and I have not really kept on top of it either.

When the Covert switched over to the QR# I decided to stay put...Part of the problem is finding the right flex for him.  He has grown into one of those tough areas to properly fit IMO and one of the things I like about Warrior...they size with a special Intermediate size that no other OEM's are trying to target.  This is big!

Not just for Skaters, But for Goalies as well.  This weekend we played 3 games (3 different teams and all 3 had a girl goalie) Sizing a girl goalie can be tough and the Intermediate allows sizing to really help them get things perfectly fit.  One of the girls had custom pads and gloves from Warrior.  The colorway looked awesome and I told our teams goalie dad they probably went with Warrior because of the sizing issues for a player of her size.

Yep...tried handing him a Tacks model when they came back out...along with a Sherwood and a Warrior.  He put aside the competition.

The AK was a game changer (at the time Warrior was so new to me, I just didn't put them on the map).  As a Mite he was playing used Easton Sticks (another american brand at the time) and they where stiff and stout...so going to the AK as a new stick it was eye opening because it was light and flexxy AND very durable for that.  The Velvet Grip, not so great, but the 2nd one was a clear grip coating.

I also used to pick up every broken hockey stick I could find in a rink so I can see what happened to that brands model.  Bauer has a nice feel for their shape, but their sticks are not as durable IMO and I used to pick up a ton of broken vapors and supremes from the local team after games. 

He's also played Warrior Gloves (which he also loved) but we went with CCM tack line.  Would have waited on Warrior, but did not know enough about future product at the time and the shops all had limited Warrior Stuff in the colorway we would buy at the time.  Warrior, Shins (int.), Shorts (intermediate) Elbows and Compression Jock (new item and he liked the fit just this last week).

Bottom line is you guys make a great product, its just a matter of educating some consumers.  He had a Teammate who was having Elbow pad fit problems and I told his dad over and over to look at Warrior Elbows.  Finally I had my son hand his set over to the kid and BOOM next time they went to Chicago...they picked up a pair of Warriors.  Many Boys are not grown into the Adult sizes and are still pretty skinny and your INT. sizes fit the boys well and keep them from dealing with excessive bulk.

Wrote up a blog about the details of each stick in the Covert Throwback Limited Release line.

This will explain the differences between each stick, what flexes and curves are available, as well as where you can find them.   I mentioned in my first post that this line is very limited...it is.

https://warriorhockey.com/2016/10/28/warrior-covert-throwback-collection-limited-release-line-details/