Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Jamarquan

Warrior Stick Customizer Problems

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, 

While I'm sure everyone has seen or used the new Warrior Stick Customizer, there is a problem. The Junior has only three curves to choose from, the W03, W28, and W88. I would love to see more diverse curve selection, because not everyone can flex an Intermediate or Senior, or doesn't like the W03. Why aren't there any more Junior curves, and could Warrior add them?

Edited by Jamarquan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why not use a 55 flex intermediate for your starting point.  You can have it made at Short-55" stick length.  The Int. blades are the same senior blades so they will be bigger than the Jr. stick blades as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hawkeyfan said:

why not use a 55 flex intermediate for your starting point.  You can have it made at Short-55" stick length.  The Int. blades are the same senior blades so they will be bigger than the Jr. stick blades as well.

I've been using a 55 flex HD5 since April, the stick is just too damn stiff for me. I don't think shortening it would help. Maybe it's the higher amount of fiberglass that's making it so stiff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would recommend you go find a store to look at the sticks and compare them.  You will see more flex and less weight as you move through the line-up.  Also You cannot order a HD5 from my understanding on the customizer.  Also you may see a flex difference between the Dynasty line and the Covert line.  Really getting hands on to something is in your best interest before thinking about custom ordering anything.

With that I would recommend you look for a close-out stick in the HD1 or QR1 line-up, but you could also look at the QR3 and HD3 line-up.

in Jr sticks you will get 5 or 6 curve options in the "1" lines, 4 in the "3" lines

HD1 in W01, W03, W71, W88, W16, W28
QR1 in W01, W03, W71, W88, -------, W28

HD3 in W01, W03, W71, W88
QR3 in W01, W03, W71, W88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw your other post...some things for you to think about.  Flexxing the stick is not the end all answer to having a good stick...especially if your on a budget.  I did see your comment on Bauer sticks.  I had a top of the line Bauer and the thing ended up with stress fractures from flexing the stick.  I have also seen many other bauers destroyed from similar stress cracks.  Since your on a budget I recommend you look to the covert  "3" line.  Yes there is a difference 9besides price) between the "3" the "4" and the "5" for what its worth.

 

Heres an option...Warrior Junior Shaft.  You just need to find the Right Blade, but there are plenty of junior blades on Ebay (you'll need a Std hosel blade)
https://discounthockey.com/collections/shafts/products/warrior-evo-standard-hockey-shaft-junior?variant=738562079

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hawkeyfan said:

I saw your other post...some things for you to think about.  Flexxing the stick is not the end all answer to having a good stick...especially if your on a budget.  I did see your comment on Bauer sticks.  I had a top of the line Bauer and the thing ended up with stress fractures from flexing the stick.  I have also seen many other bauers destroyed from similar stress cracks.  Since your on a budget I recommend you look to the covert  "3" line.  Yes there is a difference 9besides price) between the "3" the "4" and the "5" for what its worth.

 

Heres an option...Warrior Junior Shaft.  You just need to find the Right Blade, but there are plenty of junior blades on Ebay (you'll need a Std hosel blade)
https://discounthockey.com/collections/shafts/products/warrior-evo-standard-hockey-shaft-junior?variant=738562079

 

Unfortunately, finding Junior blades has yielded very little, they're all either ABS or the wrong hand, and the QR4 is available, but only with the W28 or W01.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I cant do all the work for ya...I have looked over posts and have yet to determine what your handedness is.  I have to assume your a righty.

I found a mid curve junior Std hosel Righty composite blade for $7.99 at a retailers website.  they also have some at 19.99 and a composite matrix at 9.99.

Good Luck...

But will state...

if you have limited means, then you need to look for the deals and with that you have to keep an eye out on the Bay...like all the time and one day that you will find what you want.  I found some old stock Warrior Smyth Curves that way and it was not the fist time I found them...the 1st time the prices just went crazy high...and I refused to get drug into that for only 1 blade.

Edited by hawkeyfan
add'l info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hawkeyfan said:

Well I cant do all the work for ya...I have looked over posts and have yet to determine what your handedness is.  I have to assume your a righty.

I found a mid curve junior Std hosel Righty composite blade for $7.99 at a retailers website.  they also have some at 19.99 and a composite matrix at 9.99.

Good Luck...

But will state...

if you have limited means, then you need to look for the deals and with that you have to keep an eye out on the Bay...like all the time and one day that you will find what you want.  I found some old stock Warrior Smyth Curves that way and it was not the fist time I found them...the 1st time the prices just went crazy high...and I refused to get drug into that for only 1 blade.

Well, that's my fault. Yes, I am a righty. 

Also, that sounds very good, I'll take a look, and try to scour Ebay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2016 at 12:15 PM, Jamarquan said:

Hey everyone, While I'm sure everyone has seen or used the new Warrior Stick Customizer, there is a problem. The Junior has only three curves to choose from, the W03, W28, and W88. I would love to see more diverse curve selection, because not everyone can flex an Intermediate or Senior, or doesn't like the W03. Why aren't there any more Junior curves, and could Warrior add them?

I am with you there, smaller and lighter players need to go with junior sticks just so they can be flexed on the ice and not just on the show room floor as well I need a better selection of blades as well instead of only three as it is now. As well all the sticks have the same lie. I would like a near 7 for once. Steeper than the 5 or 6 that we have now. I like handling the puck around my feet better, but I guess this is a lost art.

Edited by smu
Mistakes made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smu said:

I am with you there, smaller and lighter players need to go with junior sticks just so they can be flexed on the ice and not just on the show room floor as well I need a better selection of blades as well instead of only three as it is now. As well all the sticks have the same lie. I would like a near 7 for once. Steeper than the 5 or 6 that we have now. I like handling the puck around my feet better, but I guess this is a lost art.

I like that too, I just do it with a 5. Different folks need different lies and it’s frustrating the only manufacturer who almost gets this, BASE, isn’t in the mainstream.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×