Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duracellttu

Upgrade from Graf 703 to another Graf skate? Size help...

Hey everyone,  I have been skating on my Graf Supra 703s for about 10 years now.  I love them and don't want to change, but its time for a new skate.  I'd like to transition to another Graf skate that is comparable.   Yes, I know that Graf is going out of business, but I have found a few places online that I get some old stock.  Problem is, I dont know exactly what size to get. So, I have a few questions. 

1) Do the 703s have a marking indicating if they are regular or wide?  All my skate says on the inside is "7  031127".

2) Is the "031127" a serial number?  Could Graf give me exact size/build details on my skate?

3) What newer Graf model is comparable to the 703?  I am looking at the G75 and 9035 right now.

Thanks in advance for the help!

You can email to support@grafskates.ch with your question about if the numbers are serial number or not.

I would say that 703 are closer to G75 than 9035. 9035 are completely different in fit and overall shape and design. You would find that 9035 in size 7 are longer than 703 you have probably by half a size. if you want next gen from 703, you can look into PeakSpeed, they feet more like a traditional Graf such as 703 but perhaps with a deeper instep (same as 735).

1 hour ago, duracellttu said:

Hey everyone,  I have been skating on my Graf Supra 703s for about 10 years now.  I love them and don't want to change, but its time for a new skate.  I'd like to transition to another Graf skate that is comparable.   Yes, I know that Graf is going out of business, but I have found a few places online that I get some old stock.  Problem is, I dont know exactly what size to get. So, I have a few questions. 

1) Do the 703s have a marking indicating if they are regular or wide?  All my skate says on the inside is "7  031127".

2) Is the "031127" a serial number?  Could Graf give me exact size/build details on my skate?

3) What newer Graf model is comparable to the 703?  I am looking at the G75 and 9035 right now.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Graf G3.. Nothing else compares.. 

G75 are much deeper and also wider all around. 9035 share the narrow heel of 703, but is wider upfront, and also deeper.

I'd say be careful before just buying something, definitely try pairs on if possible as the toe caps can be drastically different between newer and older Graf skates. That depends, though, on whether your old 703's had the old toe cap or the newer one. The newer toe caps on Grafs seem to have higher volume and a more symmetrical shape than old Graf toe caps. This is an issue for me, as my big toes extend the furthest, so to fit them in the new toe caps I either have to upsize the whole boot or stretch the toe cap. Comparing my 9.5-R 604's with my 10-R G35's, the G35's fit tighter on the back of the heel to tip of my big toe length.

29 minutes ago, swede said:

Graf G3.. Nothing else compares.. 

G75 are much deeper and also wider all around. 9035 share the narrow heel of 703, but is wider upfront, and also deeper.

It looks like you mixed up G75 and 9035 here based on your descriptions. G3 is gone for good, but they would be the best match to 703 because of the depth and overall shape.

On 11/19/2016 at 4:50 PM, Kgbeast said:

It looks like you mixed up G75 and 9035 here based on your descriptions. G3 is gone for good, but they would be the best match to 703 because of the depth and overall shape.

I do not believe he mixed them up.  The first iteration of G75 with the blue piping had more of a supreme style fit, slightly larger fitting overall than the 9035 with a slightly wider heal as well.  The G75 lite with lime green piping shared a similar fit to the original 735/G35 line.

On 11/19/2016 at 3:50 PM, Kgbeast said:

F60 is still around in Europe, as well as some 706's in Finland (kind of a spruced up 704). Maybe Vaughan's able to source them?

On 2016-11-19 at 10:50 PM, Kgbeast said:

Nope didn't mix up anything.. Iv'e tried them both so i'm pretty sure i'm right on this one.. 

9035, 8035, 7035 all share the fit with 735s.. 735s share the narrow heel of 703's, while the forefoot is 5 series (705, G5) Volume is somewhat in between 705 and 703.. 

G75 Blue is a mix between Euro G70 and 5 series, like a Euro speced G70 with slightly less volume.. G75 lime is a little narrower all around BUT is higher cut than G75 blue.. still not as narrow as 703/G3, more like G5... Atleast in europe that is..

Euro F60 is the same fit as old 704, and 604... An all around tighter 5 series that is..