Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

walkerdb7

1S vs 190S Skates

1 hour ago, walkerdb7 said:

At the risk of opening a can of worms with opinions... is the country of origin and quality the same? 

Quality yes, origin no idea but if quality is the same who cares. 

I guess of course I'm sure there they are "slightly worse quality" because of the materials used, but I mean they're not any lower quality than what you'd expect them to be based on the price difference. If that makes sense.

1S uses LS3 steel vs LS2 steel in the S190 as well.

1S has the Lundy loop at the back, you can always add one yourself but it is there on the 1S.

Outsole, liner, steel are all different.  Also the 1S has the comfort edge padding on the ankle, and has at least one more layer of Curv in the quarter that makes them stiffer and lighter.  I had both in my hand and there was no way to justify the difference in price if you aren't playing almost daily at some elite level.  I went with the S190, and can't possibly imagine what improvements the differences in the 1S would make.

S190 has the Lundy loop as well.  At least mine do.

1 hour ago, psulion22 said:

Outsole, liner, steel are all different.  Also the 1S has the comfort edge padding on the ankle, and has at least one more layer of Curv in the quarter that makes them stiffer and lighter.  I had both in my hand and there was no way to justify the difference in price if you aren't playing almost daily at some elite level.  I went with the S190, and can't possibly imagine what improvements the differences in the 1S would make.

S190 has the Lundy loop as well.  At least mine do.

Must be one of those times where Monkey and Total used photos of unfinalized products

11 hours ago, walkerdb7 said:

Thanks for the input, anyone know what steel was on the original One100?

Did they have different steel for goalie skates on the original version?  I'm pretty sure that it was just 3mm Vertexx steel, and all the steel was the same.  The options were the 3mm or 4mm width depending on version.

4 hours ago, psulion22 said:

That was on the player skates.  He means the goalie skates since this is the goalie forum.

My bad, sorry, linked from the side topic list....:blush:

59 minutes ago, EJB said:

My bad, sorry, linked from the side topic list....:blush:

lol I figured.  But I just wanted to clarify for the poster so he wasn't looking at both our posts.