Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kgbeast

Nice KHL action

I watched this whole game the other day and it was one of the weirdest things in the last minutes of 3rd. The Salavat Ulaev goalie (green shoulders) has turned around to get a drink of water after his team scored a goal on the other side. What, he did not realize, is that the refs and other team thought that there was no goal as puck bounced out of the goal, seemingly off the cross bar. Due to the misunderstanding, the game was not stopped, half of the Salavat Ulaev team was celebrating, and the Dinamo (other team) put together a counter attack. Once goalie saw a Dinamo player sliding past the goal failing to connect a redirect pass, the goalie jumped back in action. Seconds later the game was stopped to the protest of Salavat Ulaev bench and the goal was counted in....

Similar thing has happened last January in Pens against Flyers game, in the third, when Flyers goalie thought that he just let a puck in and game was stopped.  He turned around to take a drink, while the puck, actually never made in the goal, but bounced back out into play, was taken by Flyers all the way back to pens zone, turned over, and was on the way back to Flyers zone, by the time Mason realized that the game is still going, luckily, Penguins still were on the other side of the center line. Just shows how worn out the goalies can get by the end of a game.

9 hours ago, MyBoxersSayJoe said:

Kovy looks good.  Dude was flying.

Yes, he is pretty awesome player and a play maker. I think he assists more than scores. I enjoy watching KHL as much as NHL, especially SKA SP games. I wish KHL season was on when NHL season is off. Right now it is too much hockey for me to watch between NHL and KHL :) 

The stands look incredibly empty in a lot of the games I've seen photos from. Like Florida Panthers' games.

6 hours ago, flip12 said:

The stands look incredibly empty in a lot of the games I've seen photos from. Like Florida Panthers' games.

Large metropolitan areas would pack games,  but for the most part, hockey is watched on TV.  Going to games cost a lot, working class is  not rich and for the most part would find it hard to justify especially when TV offers better views on the game and opportunity to watch game in a company and atmosphere of your liking.