Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Forgot to snag a picture a few weeks ago, but I swapped from an IMS 5.0 with a cage to an IMS 11.0 with a half shield. WAY more comfortable.

27095332815_d47e84e514_c.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bartjo06 said:

Forgot to snag a picture a few weeks ago, but I swapped from an IMS 5.0 with a cage to an IMS 11.0 with a half shield. WAY more comfortable.

27095332815_d47e84e514_c.jpg

this is good to know.  i'm currently in IMS 5.0 with a visor, and something needs to change, by mid game, my dome swells up a bit, and the cheap foam of the 5.0 isn't so much fun. :(   for where to find $160 for the 11.0

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

this is good to know.  i'm currently in IMS 5.0 with a visor, and something needs to change, by mid game, my dome swells up a bit, and the cheap foam of the 5.0 isn't so much fun. :(   for where to find $160 for the 11.0

I just generally felt uncomfortable and HOT in the 5.0 while playing. The 11.0 has a better overall fit (for my head type at least) and puts much less pressure on the points where I was having issues with the 5.0. That, and it seems to vent a lot better and keep me cool(er). I got mine from my LHS for about $150ish, and while that's quite a bit, it's well worth the money.

46 minutes ago, Bartjo06 said:

and it seems to vent a lot better and keep me cool(er). I got mine from my LHS for about $150ish, and while that's quite a bit, it's well worth the money.

yeah, i'll have to go digging thru the LHS soon and look for an upgrade to the current bucket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bartjo06 said:

I just generally felt uncomfortable and HOT in the 5.0 while playing. The 11.0 has a better overall fit (for my head type at least) and puts much less pressure on the points where I was having issues with the 5.0. That, and it seems to vent a lot better and keep me cool(er). I got mine from my LHS for about $150ish, and while that's quite a bit, it's well worth the money.

I bought an IMS 11 at the start of the season to replace my old 5000. The comfort increase is insane. My only gripe is the yellow XRD or whatever foam takes forever to dry out. Overall a great bucket.

Edited by CanadianBacon
  • Like 2

Another upgrade showed up today! APX2 gloves to replace my X60s... WHAT an upgrade, wow!

26528750013_1d69a7b1ca_c.jpg

Edited by Bartjo06
  • Like 5

I feel like I've been blowing this thread up lately, which is pretty detrimental on my wallet. But, I got the LAST pieces of equipment and now I'm totally comfortable with my new setup. APX2 protective gear came in. Can't wait to try it all out, especially going from entry level equipment to a bunch of APX2 stuff with 37.5.

27288918005_c0013ff76a_c.jpg

Edited by Bartjo06
  • Like 3

On 2016/5/10 at 5:56 AM, LoneStar77 said:

I have a pair of these on order right now, as my local Total Hockey was out of my size (so I bought from their website instead).  I moved from a Vapor X:40 9D (this was the model when the X:60 was the top of the line) to a Supreme S180 8.5EE...I was just slightly in the wrong skate size & shape, which was more my inexperience buying skates than anything else (I was fit by a LHS but I don't think I was able to provide the employee good feedback because I didn't know exactly how it should feel).   I tried on a set of Tacks 4052s in 8.5EE & JetSpeed Max 2.0 in 8.5EE, but the Tacks were far too tight on my right foot & neither locked my heel in place well (they were the only 8.5EEs in stock - I was able to find the Supreme S180s at another big box store where I tried them on).  I can't wait to get them baked, sharpened, & on the ice.  I'm going with Superfeet (yellow) in mine since I can just move them over from my Vapors.

How do you like the maxx 2.0s?  Do you think they are on the soft side compared to the bauer s180s?

I'd been taping my sticks up to this point, but I decided to give Tacki-Macs a try. Woah, these things are pretty awesome! I figured why not if I could extend the life on the palms of my fancy new APX2s. I'm a convert now.

27306524941_bb1f2e7eaa_c.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bartjo06 said:

I'd been taping my sticks up to this point, but I decided to give Tacki-Macs a try. Woah, these things are pretty awesome! I figured why not if I could extend the life on the palms of my fancy new APX2s. I'm a convert now.

27306524941_bb1f2e7eaa_c.jpg

I like them too. Sanded long is my grip of choice. I recently ordered a russian grip to compare. We shall see...

because I feel like being a show-off, current pics of my growing shell collection:

160E697E-AAD4-4BE4-8759-62199597610B_zps3CE6AB3B-E95E-4C40-ACF5-170CFFA53F5D_zps093976A9-16BC-4F89-825E-D72C3ACC7344_zps

*Devils and Surrey minor hockey shown twice to make collage pics even numbers

this is probably about 85% of what I've been looking for. still have a few teams left to go..... :)

• Like 4

On 5/31/2016 at 1:20 AM, canqingz said:

How do you like the maxx 2.0s?  Do you think they are on the soft side compared to the bauer s180s?

They didn't fit my feet, felt really tight especially up near the toe box.  I went with the s180s as they were more comfortable before the bake (I still may need an area or 2 punched out a bit).  It is hard to tell from just sitting & standing in the store in each pair, but I think the s180s were stiffer.

picked up a Resistance 100 helmet from ntwusc last week and just got around to removing the earguards and installing an old itech visor I had, will be using it tonight for the first time but my son, Max, insisted on trying it on first (he loves helmets).

27187901070_0f87df971f_b.jpgIMG_9686

27365270712_1f13d084f9_b.jpgIMG_9687

• Like 3

On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 0:24 PM, Bartjo06 said:

I feel like I've been blowing this thread up lately, which is pretty detrimental on my wallet. But, I got the LAST pieces of equipment and now I'm totally comfortable with my new setup. APX2 protective gear came in. Can't wait to try it all out, especially going from entry level equipment to a bunch of APX2 stuff with 37.5.

27288918005_c0013ff76a_c.jpg

I bought the shoulder and elbow pads, think I should get the shin guards to? How is the length compared to the CCM rbz 150s I have since I can only find them online now?