Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

20 hours ago, crow93 said:

Nice Triggers, pro stock or retail?

They are pro stock but retail Trigger construction. 80 Flex Drury clones. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 2

On 3/18/2017 at 4:23 PM, marka said:

Howdy,

Doing my typical "cruise ebay looking for cheap interesting hockey jerseys" and came across a couple that I bet folks here know the story behind...Mark

@JR Boucicaut, what's the scoop on when these were made?

The story behind is that more than 10 years ago, we had jerseys made by OT Sports.  

And judging by the picture, they took our logo and put it on jerseys, and are selling them. 

So, someone profited from our brand, without our permission. 

Howdy,

2 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

The story behind is that more than 10 years ago, we had jerseys made by OT Sports.  

And judging by the picture, they took our logo and put it on jerseys, and are selling them. 

So, someone profited from our brand, without our permission. 

FWIW, maybe not... These apparently came from a closeout / "NOS" supply.  My guess is that they were made back then and never sold?  Dunno.  I paid $12 shipped for both of them...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=modsquad+hockey+jersey&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=44514&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

Mark

Edited by marka

Mark -

No offense, but this is my brand - I know exactly what happened here.

OT used my logo after we did a jersey order with them 12 years ago.  We fell short on the numbers for the jerseys and had to buy 20 crests, which we used for the original MSH bags.  At the time, we fulfilled our commitment to the jerseys and crests.

It looks like they made more.

I've  had to buy 2 jerseys (one of them purple!) from 13mugs before. And two other MSH members have bought from them as well, and gave them to me. 

I emailed him back then but they keep on popping up. I just contacted them again and told them I will buy the remainder of them. And if another pops up, I'll serve him with a cease and desist. 

• Like 5

On 3/25/2017 at 4:52 PM, marka said:

FWIW, maybe not... These apparently came from a closeout / "NOS" supply.  My guess is that they were made back then and never sold?  Dunno.  I paid $12 shipped for both of them...

How could you possibly think that he doesn't know what he had personally ordered and produced? :wacko:

• Like 1

Howdy,

8 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Mark -

No offense, but this is my brand - I know exactly what happened here.

OT used my logo after we did a jersey order with them 12 years ago.  We fell short on the numbers for the jerseys and had to buy 20 crests, which we used for the original MSH bags.  At the time, we fulfilled our commitment to the jerseys and crests.

It looks like they made more.

I've  had to buy 2 jerseys (one of them purple!) from 13mugs before. And two other MSH members have bought from them as well, and gave them to me. 

I emailed him back then but they keep on popping up. I just contacted them again and told them I will buy the remainder of them. And if another pops up, I'll serve him with a cease and desist. 

Cool.  I just wasn't sure you were aware this was a NOS item that whoever the ebay seller is apparently purchased as part of a lot, vs. something they were producing now.

[Edit:  That's an assumption, of course...  But after I won the auction for one of them (for $6) plus a few others (unrelated) I offered to pay another $6 for the other identical modsquad jersey he had listed that got no bids if he'd ship it for free in the package.  Instead, he threw it in for literally nothing.  It didn't seem like he was really trying to make money by producing new items, which is why I figured he got them as part of some big package deal.]

PM me with whatever the profit is on these and I can paypal you some $$.  [edit again:  Or let me know if you'd rather do something else.  I like the jerseys though.  Pens/Bruins colors.  :-)]

Mark

Edited by marka

On 3/16/2017 at 4:54 PM, tibnyi01 said:

Hey guys! Finally got back on the ice after awhile because of a new job and what not. Anyway, have a few new additions to show off. First my completely stock Super Tacks!

j1SHip.jpg

Even stock these things are the most comfortable skates I've ever tried on, right out of the box I knew they were for me. After the first skate that hasn't worn even a bit, and can't imagine missing my APX's. Then these baby's came today finally, thanks Stella!! Nick Leddy (my favorite player, sorry JT) Bauer Nexus' in great shape! Can't wait to give them a go tomorrow.

LGXTYH.jpg

sK6fGG.jpg

Also added some Nexus Shoulders but nothing really to see there even though they are very nice. 

The Super Tacks are by far my favorite skates. I totally agree about the out-of-the-box feel. Barely needed one open hockey session to break them in.

• Like 1

My incredibly comfortable Super Tacks. I absolutely love these skates, and I can't imagine wearing anything else for a very long time.

img_20170329_225600.jpg

My two favorite pairs of gloves. These are my go-to mitts for pretty much every occasion, and I love both of them. The QLTs are a bit more tight-fitting, which I prefer, but if I'm playing at a rink where I know guys have a tendency to be more careless, I'll go with the Warriors as they have better slash protection.

img_20170222_234543_131.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/26/2017 at 9:21 PM, marka said:

Howdy,

Cool.  I just wasn't sure you were aware this was a NOS item that whoever the ebay seller is apparently purchased as part of a lot, vs. something they were producing now.

[Edit:  That's an assumption, of course...  But after I won the auction for one of them (for $6) plus a few others (unrelated) I offered to pay another $6 for the other identical modsquad jersey he had listed that got no bids if he'd ship it for free in the package.  Instead, he threw it in for literally nothing.  It didn't seem like he was really trying to make money by producing new items, which is why I figured he got them as part of some big package deal.]

PM me with whatever the profit is on these and I can paypal you some $$.  [edit again:  Or let me know if you'd rather do something else.  I like the jerseys though.  Pens/Bruins colors.  :-)]

Mark

LOL 

• Like 2

Howdy,

Not really equipment per se, but I thought some might find it cool...

A buddy started doing "found metal item art"

hockeylamp1.jpg

hockeylamp2.jpg

Mark

• Like 4