Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

33 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

My man!

Actually second guessing myself now that I have them and have been wearing them for a few hours. Had the original Mako (a half size too big - 10.5 EE) and loved them until I got Mako bumps and started having severe ankle pain. These are giving me similar issues right out of the box. Totally aware of how these must be molded to be comfortable but I’m not sure if I wanna risk it or return/sell and go back to supremes.

On 3/8/2018 at 9:38 PM, jared9356 said:

Actually second guessing myself now that I have them and have been wearing them for a few hours. Had the original Mako (a half size too big - 10.5 EE) and loved them until I got Mako bumps and started having severe ankle pain. These are giving me similar issues right out of the box. Totally aware of how these must be molded to be comfortable but I’m not sure if I wanna risk it or return/sell and go back to supremes.

I hear you. I had the original Makos and they fit great post-bake. Got the same size in the Mako II and had to give them up due to the pain I was in from the skates haha. It was a big disappointment. And since I purposely waited to buy them, there was limited supply. I just had to go back to Bauer and currently rock the 2015 1X's. 

33 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I hear you. I had the original Makos and they fit great post-bake. Got the same size in the Mako II and had to give them up due to the pain I was in from the skates haha. It was a big disappointment. And since I purposely waited to buy them, there was limited supply. I just had to go back to Bauer and currently rock the 2015 1X's. 

Sucks. The fact that I found them in my size (10 EE) was an online shopping miracle. Back to the drawing board.

4 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

a few members helped make these happen. True/VH boots, LightSpeed holders with Step BlackSteel. Replaced the tendon rivets with bolts, and rivets with MLX screw system  

Did you choose to use VH tongues or did they just happen to ship them to you that way?

On 3/13/2018 at 1:55 PM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

a few members helped make these happen. True/VH boots, LightSpeed holders with Step BlackSteel. Replaced the tendon rivets with bolts, and rivets with MLX screw system  

Can you show a pic of the inside of the boot and how you got the mlx screw system to work?

• Like 1

Just picked up a Warrior HD1 dressed a a Covert QRL. 70 flex Brendan Gallagher pro stock. None retail curve.

IMG_20180316_164747.jpgIMG_20180316_164757.jpgIMG_20180316_164803.jpgIMG_20180316_170932_390.jpg 

• Like 2

On 2/27/2018 at 5:12 PM, IPv6Freely said:

New stick grips from Russiangrip. They’re really nice. Maybe not 3x the price of tacki mac nice, but still very nice. 

Tacki-mac also can’t do dual colors like this. I have my first ever set of custom sticks on the way so figured why not. Likely go back to tacki-mac in the future just for the price difference and the wait time (took 2 months for these)

Nice grip and hockey equipment lugger. Time for a name change to IPv3Threely

31 minutes ago, KennyWu said:

Nice grip and hockey equipment lugger. Time for a name change to IPv3Threely

Hah! Love my i3. Will love my Model 3 on order even more. Damn it, so many threes! 

On 3/18/2018 at 5:50 PM, sko buffs said:

Picked up some new wheels. 

1x_2.jpg

What tongue is that?  Did they come on the skate or did you have them switched?

On 3/15/2018 at 12:08 AM, Sniper9 said:

Can you show a pic of the inside of the boot and how you got the mlx screw system to work?

thankfully i I know a guy who knows a guy who has a good supply of MLX backings  I used two rivets to hold the Tuuk in place  I used a riveter to seat the backings in the existing holes  the Torx screws are 3/8” from mcMaster-Carr, washers are basic Home Depot buys

Regarding the tongues, they came that way, I didn’t notice a difference. 

On 3/20/2018 at 1:54 PM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

thankfully i I know a guy who knows a guy who has a good supply of MLX backings  I used two rivets to hold the Tuuk in place  I used a riveter to seat the backings in the existing holes  the Torx screws are 3/8” from mcMaster-Carr, washers are basic Home Depot buys

Regarding the tongues, they came that way, I didn’t notice a difference. 

Nice. So the riveter was able to lock the backings into the plastic insoles of the skate? I always imagined the plastic would bend the teeth of the backings. 

6 hours ago, Fletch said:

Brand new Tavares pro stocks.  Amazing palms on these ones, really soft.  

rtqe1i.jpg

Man are those nice mits. What size?