Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

1 hour ago, blackbreath said:

CSW is using a product called ultrastop. It seems to be similar but with a foam backing. 

I see on amazon and eBay four sheets roughly 22$. Is it overly complicated to do? Like molding along the skate etc?

6 minutes ago, OldCY said:

I see on amazon and eBay four sheets roughly 22$. Is it overly complicated to do? Like molding along the skate etc?

Nope, not at all. If you have enough, I would make a test run on something just to get a feel for the material. But for all four panels, it maybe took me 90 minutes. 

9 minutes ago, blackbreath said:

Nope, not at all. If you have enough, I would make a test run on something just to get a feel for the material. But for all four panels, it maybe took me 90 minutes. 

Wow. I think I might try it. Did you use double sided tape to adhere it?

Forgot to take a picture of my awesome cake day presents. Decided to go back to the Covert line of sticks from the Alpha, and from the Covert QRL gloves to the Alpha Pro gloves. Haven't used the stick yet but the used the gloves last week in a game and they were amazing, felt broken in right away, and had so much more mobility than my QRL's, which now feel very restrictive. Wish I made the switch sooner. 

Also, another little treat, which I will not be wearing on the ice, a USA 1960 Nike replica throwback jersey. All in all, makes turning 32 pretty good. 

cnLLezS.jpg

eLaruIN.jpg

• Like 6

My white whale:

31913345458_e4fa6df2f6.jpg45784599701_7a0eb7286d.jpg31913345898_649bfa604b.jpg

Specs-wise, a modified PM9: the heel curve's been toned-down and a toe curve added, with the toe being the dominant pocket; like an X28 Lite. On top of that were optionals I was hoping for but considered unrealistic longshots: a slightly lower lie at the heel (shaved there like the Warrior Gionta) and a squarish toe similar to the old Montreal PC pattern. I've never been able to make moves as naturally with another pattern as with the PC.

I may have missed previous chances because this guy was never on my radar in the hunt for these specs...

45784599201_22b264bcdf.jpg

Now to find ice time to try it out and see if the hunt was worth it.

• Like 4

Found these in a used sporting goods store on a trip to Buffalo:

uGsg9Y5.jpg

The water the tap is putting out is clear.  I'm expecting a good five washes until the water runs kinda clear.  Then I hit it with oxyclean.

• Like 4

Bought these on ebay to mess around in.  They appear minimally used.  I'll give them a soak and an air dry (unless my research on old leather reveals something else) at some point this weekend.

HtgmqCFl.jpg

pbZqIMVl.jpg

Holy hell these leather gloves are going to require a lot of time if I ever want to break them in.

Edited by nyquil
  • Like 1

Picked up the Tackla girdle to try. Gotta be the lightest girdle I’ve ever put on. I’ll get a more accurate weight ASAP. It has a tag saying “do not machine wash,” but I Removed the pads so I could wash it, because I’m a loner Dottie, a rebel  

Edited by Buzz_LightBeer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Picked up the Tackla girdle to try. Gotta be the lightest girdle I’ve ever put on. I’ll get a more accurate weight ASAP. It has a tag saying “do not machine wash,” but I Removed the pads so I could wash it, because I’m a loner Dottie, a rebel  

Did you get it used or new?

Edited by nyquil

On 11/15/2018 at 7:19 PM, nyquil said:

Found these in a used sporting goods store on a trip to Buffalo:

uGsg9Y5.jpg

The water the tap is putting out is clear.  I'm expecting a good five washes until the water runs kinda clear.  Then I hit it with oxyclean.

These would go great with my JDP 2000 elbows I've been using since I was 9 (1999). Great find!

On 11/21/2018 at 9:17 PM, nyquil said:

Bought these on ebay to mess around in.  They appear minimally used.  I'll give them a soak and an air dry (unless my research on old leather reveals something else) at some point this weekend.

HtgmqCFl.jpg

pbZqIMVl.jpg

Holy hell these leather gloves are going to require a lot of time if I ever want to break them in.

Wow, that was the old design when I was a kid!  Nice!  There some new BDP Pros I am tempted to grab right now, love the old stuff.

On 2/3/2019 at 8:08 PM, BenBreeg said:

Wow, that was the old design when I was a kid!  Nice!  There some new BDP Pros I am tempted to grab right now, love the old stuff.

Those were my first gloves back in the day when I was a kid.  

On 2/3/2019 at 8:08 PM, BenBreeg said:

I honestly don't know why whoever owns Cooper (Bauer?) or other glove manufacturers don't offer a black diamond type pattern for one of their gloves.

It may not outsell basic black or team colors but it would do well with older players.  Don't need to come up with a new gloves, just a fabric pattern.

• Like 1