Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

jibby....the only thing I'd do different with those skates is buy blue laces instead of dying white ones. The blue would be much darker....like the toe of the holder. But other than that...it's a good look.

A picture of the palm of an NBH 4-Roll for those who wanted to see it. Feels much more durable than the R8's but at the same time is still soft and supple. This is after about 6 hours on the ice, a bit dirty from my knob.

dsc00409gj4.jpg

Fingers look stubby and the index finger the "outside twist" ting going on that I hate.

I was going to mention earlier that it looked like the sole on your boots was also from the Ultra series...the above pic confirms that. It looks like you have an Ultra G35 skate with the G35 boot. Compare your sole to this pic of mine.

Hmmm...sharp eye. I hadn't even noticed that.

Fingers look stubby and the index finger the "outside twist" ting going on that I hate.

Beat me right down :P I have a larger palm and shorter fingers...I don't like the fit of most 14-inchers. I'm working on bending that finger inwards, I like them straight.

Those graf's with the blacks tuuk's are absolutely gorgeous.

Because the better the skates look the faster you go :P

hmm thats cool.. yeah I measured it across the visor took me a couple hours to get everything perfect since its curved and to get it perfect and then I cut it with a band saw.

Did you need to polish your edges at all? And you got a pic of the 690..wanna see that angle of the visor you mentioned.

I just got one of my files down and softened the edges and then I used my air sander to get them smooth enough. heres my 690 if you need a better pic pm me..

Jofa.jpg

What's an air sander?

its an air-powered tool that uses air to power whatever tool head you have on it so I used a small disk to cut off a old rusted screw on my helmet and then I used a small snad paper disk to sand the edges down to make it smooth

ah, I thought you literally used air to sand it. thanks.

Beat me right down :P I have a larger palm and shorter fingers...I don't like the fit of most 14-inchers. I'm working on bending that finger inwards, I like them straight.

If the manufacturers would just shorten the gusset on the inside of the index finger it would make the gloves so much more comfortable and effective.

I was going to mention earlier that it looked like the sole on your boots was also from the Ultra series...the above pic confirms that. It looks like you have an Ultra G35 skate with the G35 boot. Compare your sole to this pic of mine.

for the record, that outsole has made its way onto the 7 series skates as well. One teammate has it on his 703s, another on his 735s. They switched to it fairly recently, as far as i can tell.

i dont' know if this is correct or not, but i swear i heard something on this forum that the 7 series grafs don't actaully have a carbon outsole, its just a carbok LOOK outsole, so i picked up one of the new 7 series at my lhs, the 735 to be exact, and i swear it didn't look like a real carbon outsole at all...

Your right it's not a carbon outsole it's called something else. I cant remember what it is though. I wrote a thread on this asking what the diff was in performance. I think they went to this because of the issues they were having with the epoxy and the G series skates and it's probably cheaper to produce as well.

Wellll...I FINALLY got some new skates. Graf Supra G35's, their Pro Returns made for Krys Kolanos. I got them from Goalie Heaven/Toronto Hockey Repair and paid only $350, which is a pretty insane price. They had Cobra holders on them, but I asked if they could swap those for some black Tuuk Custom+'s and they did it for no charge. Check the pictures.

DSCN3059.jpg

DSCN3076.jpg

DSCN3061.jpg

DSCN3070.jpg

Ya they seem to get allot of Graf pro stocks. I love black holders so much.

Just got my new gloves and stick...

Warrior Kronik Nipple Grip 85 flex Fedorov

kron4b.jpg

kron3.jpg

Nike Bauer Pro 4-Roll 14" Navy

1180217128.jpg

1180216986.jpg

That tape job looks like sex.

Wasn't it something like Texalium, like the ccm sticks?

It's called texalite. Whatever that means. Just another marketing term.

locker1.jpg

locker2.jpg

Locker I built from some Ikea shelves.

Interesting tape job, Louie. How'd you do this? Black tape first than a candy cane white tape job on top? Any added benefits from this or is this purely aesthetics?

dscn3406cj0.th.jpg

trying to post a pic..., that's what i use to air out my stuff... an old shirt rack, and a couple of shopping baskets (took them from the supermarket UNINTENTIONALLY... HONEST). The old clothing rack is on wheels, so you can just roll it anywhere you want.