Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

100_0208.jpg

Busy week in the stick buying dept.

From top to bottom:

Mattias Norstrom Synergy II shaft/blade combo x2

Jussi Jokinen Stealth CNT

Jussi Jokinen Dolomite

Niklas Hagman One90

Niklas Hagman Dolomite

Trevor Daley Vhex grip

Mike Ribeiro S17

Blades left to right:

Steve Ott Warriors x2

Saprykin Warrior

Nagy TPS x2

Modano Easton

Sydor Easton x2

Blades left to right:

Steve Ott Warriors x2

Saprykin Warrior

Nagy TPS x2

Modano Easton

Sydor Easton x2

What lie are those Warriors? They look low as hell. Conversely, what are the Sydors? They look a lot higher.

Are you using multiple lies for position or just haven't dialed in your preference?

The Warriors are about a 5. Just a bad camera angle. Sydors are a 6. I have a curve preference, but have developed the itis which forces me to grab sticks and blades when they are in good shape.

The S17 is a true S17, and they were all purchased directly through the Dallas Stars.

Mack, these Synergy II's have Cyclone NHL 120 on the sticker. He's still up to his old tricks.

Any possible compare/contrast between the XXXX and One90 shoulders? Been waiting till the XXXX came out to compare but want to know if its worth waiting.

LkptTiger, actually the shins elbows, and especially the shoulders are extremely low profile. The pants are pretty bulky as far as hip protection. I think I will be sticking with my one90s for pants.

As for the gloves, it looks like its a pro stock 14". Feels pretty comfy and all but my big mits are too big for them, and I still love my one90s.

Shinnys are sick. Love the shape and they strap down nice and tight like the 90s. The elbows are also similar to the 90, but they stay put much better which i'm loving. The shoulders are my favorite though. Very low profile and you guys just will not believe how light they are until you pick them up for yourself. titan, I have not used the one90s so i can't really give you much info there. The XXXX are not extremely protective in all places, so if that is important to you, you might want to consider something else. I just worry about the shouders, chest/sternum, and spine and they are solid in those areas. Very nice christmas present!

Edited by Edge

By what you say about low profile sounds like they'll be perfect. Don't play too much contact(no check league available :() but really dont like playing with my 11 year old flimsy single layer foam shoulder pads when I for some reason take a lot of pucks to the chest.

Also, any possibility of pics of the shoulders on to get an idea just how low profile?

Edited by t1tan

Look at what arrived at the post office today (not at my doorstep, my wife didnt pick it up for me :( )

thank you D-man88 for pimping my ride....

DSCN4039.jpg

3 of the 4 wheels are RRMB816's, and the odd one out if a factory halo...

those are the only wheels i have in 72mm that used a micro bearing.

i didn't know you could buy it yet lol but hell yeah great Chrissy present

you can't yet in stores. titan, I have a game tonight so i'll post the pics up sometime this weekend of me wearing the stuff.

Do you plan on skating without a jersey? :P

duh dont you?

No i figured you could see the profile, even with the jersey on. if needed i'll get pictures later without jersey. Theres an NBH ad floating around somewhere that has a staal brother with them on w/o a jersey.

They remind me a little of these beauties I got talked out of (Stupid Stupid Stupid) :wacko: :

Daoust004.jpg

But nothing will ever be quite the same to me as these. These wheels had soul. And the best tongues.....ever.

Daoust003.jpgth_Daoust008.jpg

Look at those tongues! Long, thick and comfy, something every woman appreciates and every man should aspire to.

Daoust005.jpg

Edited by Hipster

Any more different views?

Yep.

cbcb_1.jpg

6b7e_1.jpg

I've been wearing them without the stiffeners. They feel just right that way.

My rink has the coldest ice in the state and in the past, my toes would border on frostbite, but I've noticed that with these skates (wide width)my toes don't lose circulation and the frostbite pain I experience in the lockerroom from regaining the circulation is gone. Ahhhhhh....nice.

Must be a combo of the deep boot not digging into my instep, the felt tounges I'll always prefer and the wide width not pinching my forefoot.