Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

A guy rockin' a neon green stick with a bunch of holes drilled in it is concerned about a tape job looking "tacky". heh.

Does that strike you as funny? I don't get why everyone has an immediate comment as to how worthless and retarded the 9K stick is. I'll wait until I use it to make judgment. No way would I pay full price, but I won't pay full price for an S17, SE, XXXX, One90 or any other stick that costs so much.

You'd think I was complaining that my $500 skates didn't have white tongues :blink:

The only piece of equipment I care what it looks like are my sticks. I've always matched the tape to the stick, and to have it be several shades wrong is just like wearing a tan shirt with khaki pants. Colors need to match, compliment or contrast. If I used a tape that was a different green it would bug me every time I looked at my stick, one small twinge of OCD I suppose.

Come to think of it, isn't most of what you post one-liner quips and shit that has no real value? Opinions are like assholes, and I don't care for either of yours.

**EAGLE ARNOTT GLOVES***

I'm sick so I dont really feel like taking my own pics but these arrived earlier today.

WOW, TBL. Just wow. Very, very nice.

You couldn't resist! I admire that. :D

Everyone has an opinion on how their gear should "look." Personally, I dont give a shit either way..Sticks are sticks..and if they perform well..then great..I've never checked someone else's stick on the ice.. As for gear, I think we all tend to prioritize what we spend on equipment unless you're new to the game and get suckered into have top shelf gear from helmet down to the skates. I spend most of my $$$ on skates (which isnt much compared to some) and gloves..Things that I like to be comfortable in. I go cheap on shoulder pads..(cheaper ones are more comfortable anyways) and pants.. At this stage in my life, I dont need a $150 pair of breezers, but something functional and protective..The same goes for shin guards..I'm still wearing a pair of CCM shinguards I got maybe 10-11 years ago. I still wear an HT-2 helmet and have a CCM 492 on order..so..Hockey is an expensive sport and it costs enough to fork over $$$ to help the beer leagues exist, why blow $1000 on gear? You can buy visors for $30, why spend $100? It wont help you play like Ovechkin..

**EAGLE ARNOTT GLOVES***

I'm sick so I dont really feel like taking my own pics but these arrived earlier today.

WOW, TBL. Just wow. Very, very nice.

You couldn't resist! I admire that. :D

definitely couldn't resist. Luckily, I was able to pull some strings and save some dough. Another pair of gloves is on the way and they are even more sexy. But dont get any ideas, Drew already has preemptive dibs. haha.

definitely couldn't resist. Luckily, I was able to pull some strings and save some dough. Another pair of gloves is on the way and they are even more sexy. But dont get any ideas, Drew already has preemptive dibs. haha.

Did you get them from Goalie Crease?

I really want to indulge and get the Salo or the Schultz pair. I decided to use that money and get customs made. But...still do have the itch for either of those.

You want to go to the shop, grab a 9K and color match? I can find neon and regular (forest?) green. Neither matches and would look tacky. (edit) The red on the XXXX is actually a bit too bright. It will darken with use, though.

well, the neon would work the best IMO as it will definately darken with dirt/sweat/etc... used to do the same with my sticks but didn't like the discoloration of my gloves with so many colors on my handles they just added up to that swampwater color. so now only the blade is matched colorwise

you could try camo! :)

my LHS only made one order and none since (that I've seen) so matching up is not an option. generally the two shades they have of most colors is close enough for me.

Edited by Rustyhole

Come to think of it, isn't most of what you post one-liner quips and shit that has no real value? Opinions are like assholes, and I don't care for either of yours.

I gotta do something between fashion-forward tape jobs, I guess. Memorial Day is coming up soon so I'll be switching all my black tape to white.

Everyone has an opinion on how their gear should "look." Personally, I dont give a shit either way..Sticks are sticks..and if they perform well..then great..I've never checked someone else's stick on the ice.. As for gear, I think we all tend to prioritize what we spend on equipment unless you're new to the game and get suckered into have top shelf gear from helmet down to the skates. I spend most of my $$$ on skates (which isnt much compared to some) and gloves..Things that I like to be comfortable in. I go cheap on shoulder pads..(cheaper ones are more comfortable anyways) and pants.. At this stage in my life, I dont need a $150 pair of breezers, but something functional and protective..The same goes for shin guards..I'm still wearing a pair of CCM shinguards I got maybe 10-11 years ago. I still wear an HT-2 helmet and have a CCM 492 on order..so..Hockey is an expensive sport and it costs enough to fork over $$$ to help the beer leagues exist, why blow $1000 on gear? You can buy visors for $30, why spend $100? It wont help you play like Ovechkin..

I can understand your point, but people are called equipment whores for a reason. I say if you have the money and you want to spend it on high price equipment. Hey it's your money. I accually have this weird thing that gloves and sticks have to be the same company. Rbk and Rbk or NBH and NBH. I know it's weird and I get shit for it, but I make my money and thats how I want to spend it, it's no one elses concern. It's weird now cause i'm rocking eagle tuftek ppfs and a warrior dolo. But to offset that I rock Nbh xxx skates and helmet. Please don't even bother telling me I'm strange, I know.

Don't even get me started on how irritating it is to me to have Rbk 9k pants and no other RBK gear to pair it with. It's all about 2. I'm crazy but whatever.

Edited by JJ Thompson94

I gotta do something between fashion-forward tape jobs, I guess. Memorial Day is coming up soon so I'll be switching all my black tape to white.

Can I keep my knob white after Labour Day?

Heh, nice. I've always secretly wanted to buy a cheap shell and get it plastered with random fabric ads - pharmaceuticals, sex shops, used car dealerships...

Heh, nice. I've always secretly wanted to buy a cheap shell and get it plastered with random fabric ads - pharmaceuticals, sex shops, used car dealerships...

Its acutally beer, plastic surgery and animal food. :rolleyes:

Wicked pant for a nice buck. If they are too annoying, you can take the Velcros off and you are ready to go.

I'm 6' and use 16"- If they go down hard their knee cap wont be in the donut, which can cause fluid on the patella.

That happend to me this year, ended up going to the ER getting x-rays to see if my knee cap was cracked. Ended up it was just Bursitis. (sp?)

that visor helmet combo is really light, really comfortable, and vision is just perfect. i ditched my oakley to go for that combo.

thermablades do alright, i do notice a difference in tight turns, but aside from that, no. i do however, love the feel of the holders, even with them turned off, i find i get really good control of my edges, and im just really comfortable with it. so often times i just play with them off.

Same deal, still sick. Not wanting to take more pictures. But these just arrived along with some Frolov game worn Bauer 7000 skates.

a3b71rw2.jpg