Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

How do you like the Farrell shouldies?

The shoulder pads are amazing. You dont feel a thing with them on. Protection is not a problem at all compared to what everyone else says. They do look a little bulky with the shouldercaps still on.

How do you like the Farrell shouldies?

The shoulder pads are amazing. You dont feel a thing with them on. Protection is not a problem at all compared to what everyone else says. They do look a little bulky with the shouldercaps still on.

They look like they would be really hot to play in...

Hows the movement in them?

They;re a bit hotter then regular shoulderpads. But the mobility is amazing. You really dont feel a single thing when you play in them. I dont notice any cross checks or hits or anything. I'm in love with these shouler pads.

Edited by jon93

Couldn't you use a heat gun to warm up the shouldercaps and form them to y our shoulders? it'll probably make them a lot less bulky

I'd say it probably cools relativaly fast. And if it doesn't, you could stick it in a bucket of ice, but I'd be worried the plastic may crack from the quick change from hot to cold.

I think one of my buddies did it with his farrells, I'll ask him how he did it.

Thats Mickey Renaud!

D'oh! :blink:

Dude, you shocked the shhht out of me. Micki DuPont was a sick player when he came to Germany and battled his way to the NHL (again). I just thought i missed his dead. Luckily, it wasnt the case.

He is headed back to Europe for next season. Only got 2 games with the blues this year. Discouraged. I don't blame him.

Todays haul from the Peoria Rivermen equipment sale. I'm a happy camper today.

One90's. A little beat up. but solid.

mygear029ar1.th.jpg

Itech straight cut visor and tape

mygear030th0.th.jpg

2 Micki Dupont Sickicks. nice heel curve. odd blade shape. resembles a less odd Spezza. Too bad sickicks suck because this blade is niiice.

mygear031xm1.th.jpg

mygear034ym8.th.jpg

mygear035hb5.th.jpg

And....

2 pairs of RBK four rolls.

mygear033cg8.th.jpg

Also grabbed up a pair of Toivonen Montreal goal sticks for a friend.

Great start to the weekend.

most impressive is the 50 dollar skates and 50 dollar sticks. lucky s.o.b.

Halfmoon: Very nice twig. What was the final bid? if you don't mind..

Not at all...the final price was a very reasonable $125usd, but the $35 shipping stung a bit. It's all relative. I had an opportunity to use the stick again last night and I can't say enough good things about it. I've never given much thought to shorter blade lengths, as they relate to control, before now.

shit. if i can get my hands on used one90s in a size 8 or 8.5 for $50, i'd be all over it.

i really wish Rockford Icehogs (that's my hometown) had a year end equipment sale.. but i don't think they do. not even sure if the Chicago Blackhawks do either.. all their sticks that aren't used end up at the HawkQuarters downtown on Michigan Avenue, but they're always lefties (Warrior Dolos, RBK Sick Kicks, CCM Vectors, etc. and random old non used wood blades).. ugh.

I'm also curious to see about the shoulder caps on the Farrells. I actually thought about it, but decided I better not just in case something bad happend.

shit. if i can get my hands on used one90s in a size 8 or 8.5 for $50, i'd be all over it.

i really wish Rockford Icehogs (that's my hometown) had a year end equipment sale.. but i don't think they do. not even sure if the Chicago Blackhawks do either.. all their sticks that aren't used end up at the HawkQuarters downtown on Michigan Avenue, but they're always lefties (Warrior Dolos, RBK Sick Kicks, CCM Vectors, etc. and random old non used wood blades).. ugh.

If the Rockford doesnt have one check with the Chicago Wolves. Or if you want to make a trip try the Quad City Flames if they havent had theirs yet.

EDIT: Quad Cities sale was last weekend.

Edited by PWBIII

If the Rockford doesnt have one check with the Chicago Wolves. Or if you want to make a trip try the Quad City Flames if they havent had theirs yet.

the wolves mainly use black equipment except their jerseys and helmets, i think?

i know their main colors are dark red/golden yellow and white.

well rockford vs. chicago for the west division final for the next couple weeks.. so we'll see who comes out on top and has their equipment sale first. haha

the majority of the AHL uses RBK/CCM everything.. besides sticks and skates.. correct? i just wanna get my hands on some cheap but quality equipment.

[ img ]No need to quote an Image that is in the post above you - Mod[ /img ]

new graf 704 from finland.

I officially hate you!!!

damn, those are beyond ill... maybe as solid as dr octagon